When will life return to normal?

I was out today and a cop stopped me and questioned me, then took my I'd number and told me not to be out too often.

What about the street people, the petty criminals and the homeless? How come the cops aren't saying anything to them, or are they?

Have you guys heard or seen the big helicopters flying over the city? Its the army, what are they doing? Do you guys think the military is planning to do something creepy?

IMO, Last thing ANY MILITARY BRASS wants at this point in time is to directly handle this hot potato.

Iz

I conclude the world is in real trouble on this one.

Here it what I see:

There are corona virus infections and related deaths in just about every country.

The number of infections keeps jumping and in some cases, doubling every few days in the virus hot spots.

People, even if it is just a few on a percentage basis, are not complying with oders to quarantine, thus they are perpetuating the spread of the virus.

Countries do not have the resources or medical staff to respond to hundreds of thousands of people needing medical care SIMULTANEOUSLY,

Large segments of the world economy have been shuttered and there is no indication when they will be restarted.

Even if a few countries get their virus situation under control, they will have new waves of infections that will re start the process from square one again. And any country that rids itself of the virus will make the decision to ISOLATE itself from the world in precaution to being re infected.

How long will this last?

QUITE A VERY LONG TIME. Until a vaccine is found is one answer and until the virus stops spreading is another answer.

Life is not going to be the same ever again. Society and it's habits / patterns will shift permanently.

People are going to be damaged from isolation. There will be mental issues because of it.

Health systems and procedure may have to be re written.

And, I can't even begin to imagine the damage to the world economy that will need to be repaired. Only the super rich are above the damage. The rest of us are going to struggle for a very long time to get back to even. A LONG TIME = 5 to 10 years in my opinion. We are all staring at a lost decade I think.

I can no longer worry about getting back to normal. I have truly given up on it. I am going to focus on damage control and what I need to do to navigate the waters going forward.

Yes real trouble is ahead most of us.

I conclude the world is in real trouble on this one.

Here it what I see:

There are corona virus infections and related deaths in just about every country.

The number of infections keeps jumping and in some cases, doubling every few days in the virus hot spots.

People, even if it is just a few on a percentage basis, are not complying with oders to quarantine, thus they are perpetuating the spread of the virus.

Countries do not have the resources or medical staff to respond to hundreds of thousands of people needing medical care SIMULTANEOUSLY,

Large segments of the world economy have been shuttered and there is no indication when they will be restarted.

Even if a few countries get their virus situation under control, they will have new waves of infections that will re start the process from square one again. And any country that rids itself of the virus will make the decision to ISOLATE itself from the world in precaution to being re infected.

How long will this last?

QUITE A VERY LONG TIME. Until a vaccine is found is one answer and until the virus stops spreading is another answer.

Life is not going to be the same ever again. Society and it's habits / patterns will shift permanently.

People are going to be damaged from isolation. There will be mental issues because of it.

Health systems and procedure may have to be re written.

And, I can't even begin to imagine the damage to the world economy that will need to be repaired. Only the super rich are above the damage. The rest of us are going to struggle for a very long time to get back to even. A LONG TIME = 5 to 10 years in my opinion. We are all staring at a lost decade I think.

I can no longer worry about getting back to normal. I have truly given up on it. I am going to focus on damage control and what I need to do to navigate the waters going forward.

Yes real trouble is ahead most of us.

We were already in serious, serious trouble with the climate emergency and degradation of the environment.

This is going to hurt individuals and society so used to a (destructive) routine but its also the opportunity we desperately needed to stop and think what we are doing to ourselves and the planet.

We were already in serious, serious trouble with the climate emergency and degradation of the environment.

This is going to hurt individuals and society so used to a (destructive) routine but its also the opportunity we desperately needed to stop and think what we are doing to ourselves and the planet.
This will get a lot of the planet's attention. People will change. They can't help it.

(There was massive change after 9/11 - This will be even bigger as it affects every human, in every corner of the planet!)

You are not reading the news. Nobody is going to be in that situation. The government is going to pay 30.000 pesos per private employed to avoid the layoff.
You don’t have to pay services like electricity, internet and even the rent for 6 months.
The army is taking control of the poorest areas in order to provide free food.
The State is taking control of the situation very well.
Today I read that they buying a large number of coffins too. :(
Wait and see, but wait home.
I am reading the news. Will 30,000 be enough if the quarantine is extended into and through May? Is the government willing o give employees 30,000 each month if the lockdown needs to be extended. I hope so, but if so, what will that do to the economy.

It's good we get free internet for six months, electricity too. It's not free though, is it? You have to pay it eventually.

My whole point has been the quarantine cannot go on into months. Either way, you quoted a post in which I was directly responding to someone else saying people can learn how to hunt and fish.

Where will the government get the money to pay $30,000 a month to each citizen? With the economy paralyzed - no production, no sales, no taxes generated - it will come from the printing presses.

Inflation will shoot up, and soon a loaf of bread will cost 15,000. Back to square one....

Back