When Will The Peso Hit 10?

When will the peso hit 10 to the US dollar?

• May

Votes: 35 46.1%
  • June

Votes: 11 14.5%
  • Winter

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • Spring

Votes: 10 13.2%

Votes: 9 11.8%
  • Never as Cristina's adept handling of the economy will kick in and drive the peso to parity.

Votes: 7 9.2%

• Total voters
7,6 according to www.dolarblue.net
People invest in briks in this country. The new law about cedins might be a better investment and saving taxes, so, the fall is reasonable.

8,05 according to dolarblue.net.

If you're getting your investment advice from bajo cero, you're in trouble.

8,05 according to dolarblue.net.

If you're getting your investment advice from bajo cero, you're in trouble.

We were talking about the dollar parity. The relationship between ammount of pesos and dollars that the Central Bank has. This is the real price of the dollar, over it is just speculation.
https://en.wikipedia...wiki/Monetarism

The dollar pariti is 7,6., it means that the dollar limit to faul if 7.6.
Right, I m saying that the dollar was going to go down for long time and it happend, so?

We were talking about the dollar parity. The relationship between ammount of pesos and dollars that the Central Bank has. This is the real price of the dollar, over it is just speculation.
https://en.wikipedia...wiki/Monetarism

The dollar pariti is 7,6., it means that the dollar limit to faul if 7.6.
Right, I m saying that the dollar was going to go down for long time and it happend, so?

The notion of "dollar parity" -- that you can just divide one number by another and come up with a "magic exact value" of the peso (or any other stock, bond, currency, commodity, etc.) is simply nonsense. If that were true, there would be no markets. Everything would just have a fixed price. "What's the value of Google stock?" "Oh, just take the value of the company's current assets, subtract its liabilities, and divide by the number of outstanding shares. Simple. Google is worth exactly $xxx.xx."

Sorry, chum, but that's just not the way the world works. That's not the way investors think -- and with good reason. The value of stocks, bonds, and other things of value that are traded in open markets -- such as the Argentine Peso -- are determined by the laws of supply and demand, not by magic formulas.

The reason that the current "real market value" of the black market Argentine Peso has been going down lately is that the Argentine government has been selling large numbers of dollar denominated bonds owned by the ANSES (the retirement fund for most Argentine citizens) -- exchanging dollars in the fund for pesos and further damaging the future of the retirement fund -- to change the balance of supply and demand and push down the value of the peso.

But they can't do that forever (although there's speculation that they might be able to do it up to the elections -- time will tell).

Meanwhile, the government just keeps printing more and more and more pesos, continuing the dramatic increase in supply and fueling inflation -- as well as demand for the dollar. In the long term, that can only push the peso in one direction.

I wouldn't have responded to such ridiculous comments, but I wouldn't want to see people making decisions based on them.

I don't have any magic crystal ball that lets me see the future price of the dollar. If I did, I'd probably be sitting on the beach on some tropical island right now.

But I do know that if I invested my money based on the logic suggested in the comment, I would no longer have any money.

but united airlines in buenos aires told me that its impossible for me to pay a fare at their office if the starting point isn't Argentina!!!
It was possible to buy tickets in the past but now they don't allow it if the flight doesn't originate in Arg. I wonder how would Argies who are abroad buy a ticket to go home :confused:

Venezuelan model: Parallel gap hits 400%

http://www.cronista.com/finanzasmercados/Lechuga-verde-El-dolar-paralelo-toco-nuevo-record-en-Venezuelapero-una-segunda-devaluacion-no-seria-suficiente-20130614-0034.html

http://www.iprofesional.com/notas/163079-Blue-por-detrs-del-blue-el-oficial-que-se-dice-al-Gobierno-cerr-en-805-el-real-en-850-

Wait and see what happens in July with the winter vacation surge and the Aguinaldo payment...!

Wait and see what happens in July with the winter vacation surge and the Aguinaldo payment...!

Isn't the aguinaldo payment starting nowadays? (I have a doubt suddenly)

Anyway, the Blue is not representative anymore.

The notion of "dollar parity" -- that you can just divide one number by another and come up with a "magic exact value" of the peso (or any other stock, bond, currency, commodity, etc.) is simply nonsense. If that were true, there would be no markets.

Well, now you are lefty? The monetarian doctrine is a neoliberal dogma preached for all the neo economist...

Back