When Will The Peso Hit 10?

When will the peso hit 10 to the US dollar?

• May

Votes: 35 46.1%
  • June

Votes: 11 14.5%
  • Winter

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • Spring

Votes: 10 13.2%

Votes: 9 11.8%
  • Never as Cristina's adept handling of the economy will kick in and drive the peso to parity.

Votes: 7 9.2%

• Total voters
Dollar reserves falling, yet peso circulation rising. I wonder why...

The notion of "dollar parity" -- that you can just divide one number by another and come with a "magic exact value" of the peso (or any other stock, bond, currency, commodity, etc.) is simply nonsense. If that were true, there would be no markets. Everything would just have a fixed price. "What's the value of Google stock?" "Oh, just take the value of the company's current assets, subtract its liabilities, and divide by the number of outstanding shares. Simple. Google is worth exactly $xxx.xx."

The Monetarist school of economy and its doctrine is used only to stablish the price of currencies.

Sorry, chum, but that's just not the way the world works. That's not the way investors think -- and with good reason. The value of stocks, bonds, and other things of value that are traded in open markets -- such as the Argentine Peso -- are determined by the laws of supply and demand, not by magic formulas.
Tell that to orthodox economist.

The reason that the current "real market value" of the black market Argentine Peso has been going down lately...
Bla, bla, bla.
It is because it was a bubble

I wouldn't have responded to such ridiculous comments, but I wouldn't want to see people making decisions based on them.

I sold 100 % of my savings when it was close to 10 and i bought back at close to 8. I only hope that financial advicing is not your job because any AR housewife can beat you.

I don't have any magic crystal ball that lets me see the future price of the dollar. If I did, I'd probably be sitting on the beach on some tropical island right now.

Well, the economist deveped some tools like the one you critizes so much. The IMF complain about the official price of the dolar using it.
So, you need some reading, not a crystal ball.

I sold 100 % of my savings when it was close to 10 and i bought back at close to 8. I only hope that financial advicing is not your job because any AR housewife can beat you.

Bajo_cero2,

Are you saying that you exchanged money on the black market? Because I'm 100% certain that I remember you admonishing someone on this site about a month ago that changing money at anything other than the official rate was technically illegal.

PS - its about to become a feeding frenzy here and you are on the menu (not because you have different ideas, but because you are a hypocrite).

Bajo_cero2,
PS - its about to become a feeding frenzy here and you are on the menu (not because you have different ideas, but because you are a hypocrite).

mj-thriller-popcorn-o.gif

This is just fantastic - as pure a K as you are, yet you openly admit to trading in an "illegal market", one that is allegedly so despised by the kirchnerismo. Its just typical of doing what I say, not as I do.

Why arent you supporting the local currency? Double standards, much?

This is just fantastic - as pure a K as you are, yet you openly admit to trading in an "illegal market", one that is allegedly so despised by the kirchnerismo. Its just typical of doing what I say, not as I do.

Why arent you supporting the local currency? Double standards, much?

I m a pure K?
What are you now? political police? Where are you from, Cuba? Noth Korea?

I m a pure K?
What are you now? political police? Where are you from, Cuba? Noth Korea?

I know plenty of people like Bajo_Cero2 with such pathetic double standards. But most people who support the government go by the do what I say, not as I do rule. I have an old friend who keeps posting her support for the government and for Chavez on Facebook (of course she lives in Paris, it's so easy to be a kirchnerista and chavista that way) and she prides herself on calling her family "peronista y kirchnerista PURA".

Just last week her mother called me to ask me the address of my cueva so she could exchange some Euros she had at the black rate.

Everyone's a kirchnerista on Facebook and forums, but just not as much when it comes to their savings...

Back