Where can I buy a towel?

Hahahaha, and even people replying to be helpfull, makes this hole post even worse!
My guess would be this: If you live in BA, capital, you just need to go out your front door, walk max 5 blocks either to the right or to the left and you would find a shop that sells towels!!!!

RE: Dumb Questions or Statements

Can I live in BA on $500 dollars a month?

Where can I find a really job since I have no experience in anything and dont speak a word of spanish?

Where can I buy a towel?

Where can I sell dollars? (The answer is anywhere......any neighbor or Argentine friend would even be happy to buy them at black rates)

Or repeating the same question over and over..search a bit and youĺl find your answer.

"I travelled to Colonia by Buquebus last week in order to renew my tourist visa.
When I returned to the ship at Colonia late afternoon, I hit my head very hard on the top of the doorway as I went on board. I felt very dizzy and the staff kindly gave me some ice for the bruising. I rested for the entire journey.
I saw the First Officer of the ship and complained to him that there was no sign warning people of the height of the doorway nor a sign above the door. He agreed with me that there should be some warning notice and admitted that it had happened before. I completed a report stating what had taken place.
I was unable to work next day because I had a bad headache. I wrote to Buquebus by email and received a response from them ([email protected])
thanking me for my report and I quote "Your claim has been registered and the area will continue to improve for the benefit of the users", signed by Ana Kohlschreiber. There was no offer of either a refund or some form of compensation like a pair of tickets on Buquebus. This was a dangerous situation and highlights the appalling level of health and safety standards here in Argentina. This sort of thing would never happen in the UK or America.
Despite registering my disapproval of their response, I have not yet heard from them further."

This Forum is full of Threads with questions on how to find/obtain certain places/things in Argentina - e.g. Dollars, Real Estate Lawyers, Holiday Beach Resorts, good Restaurants, I-Phone Repairs, Baby clothes, Plastic Surgeons, Dill Pickles, Pepper Spray, Towels, etc. (just to name a few that I recall having seen on this forum). Many things are difficult to get here, most are seldom found in good quality. I don't see the need to ridiculize the OP and anyone genuinely trying to share some experience.

I do agree with Lobo Marino. Being a freshly arrived foreigner is an expensive occupation. Takes a while to settle in and figure out the new environment.
This board ahould provide an insightful and practical way to cope with this.

Now seriously, the Vogons are coming? What have you heard? :eek:

Cordobese said:
I think we need to create a section exclusively for REALLY dumb questions. Walk around, explore the city a bit, I am sure within 20 minutes you will find a place that sells towels.

Wow, thank you for being incredibly condescending and unhelpful. I almost didn't bother to reply to something so obnoxious, but I can't help but feel the need to defend myself.

I actually have been spending the better part of all two days that I've been here walking around with no particular intention in mind, trying to explore and see the city, particularly San Telmo and Palermo. On those walks, I've been keeping an eye out for stores that sell towels and haven't come across any. I've actually stopped and asked a few people (in castellano) if they knew of any stores that sold towels nearby, and they all answered in the negative.

Just arrived in BsAs, joined BAExpats to make some connections, ask for help and once I know the city better, return the favor. I'm pretty sure that's what this website is supposed to be for, not randomly insulting genuine people.

Didn't your mother teach you if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all?

Please, keep your negativity to yourself. Simply put, don't be a d*ck.

Gringoboy said:
I've never understood questions like this either.
A bit like posting on a NYExpats forum asking where to buy a hot dog.

Also, just moved here from NYC. The hot dog vendors are only in the touristy/business parts of town, and mainly in Manhattan. If you're not in the right neighborhood, they're not on every corner.

You people are just convincing me to stay away from condescending expats who think they're so edgy for moving more than 5 blocks away from home, and stick to making Argentinian friends.

Thanks for the warm welcome.

RosaliaLL said:
Wow, thank you for being incredibly condescending and unhelpful. I almost didn't bother to reply to something so obnoxious, but I can't help but feel the need to defend myself.

I actually have been spending the better part of all two days that I've been here walking around with no particular intention in mind, trying to explore and see the city, particularly San Telmo and Palermo. On those walks, I've been keeping an eye out for stores that sell towels and haven't come across any. I've actually stopped and asked a few people (in castellano) if they knew of any stores that sold towels nearby, and they all answered in the negative.

Just arrived in BsAs, joined BAExpats to make some connections, ask for help and once I know the city better, return the favor. I'm pretty sure that's what this website is supposed to be for, not randomly insulting genuine people.

Didn't your mother teach you if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all?

Please, keep your negativity to yourself. Simply put, don't be a d*ck.

Hey Rosalia, I apologize..I may have gone a bit tough on you. This forum does seem to attract really dumb questions though.....I suppose many of us who aren´t fresh off the boat use it both for comical amusement and annoyance. Personally, I find shopping in Argentina a pain in the ass due to lack of selection, lack of a proper yellow pages, etc. I use mercadolibre.com.ar (Ebay of Argentina) for nearly everything slightly hard to find. Except weed, I still buy that in person :) I am sure you can find tons of towels on there and have them delivered directly to your house.

Shame on you all who reacted to the OP's post in such a condescending, negative way. She's been here 2 days for Christ's sake give her a break!

Like she says, if you can't say anything positive, don't bother.

Back