Where can I buy a towel?

pompeygazza said:
Thanks a lot Steve, but if I ever need your advice I'll ask for it.

My responses in this thread are based on how I feel about the hostile reception given by some users to someone who's only been here for 2 days and is asking a simple question.

Does that mean that you feel that this website need a radical overhaul based upon the responses in this thread?

If so, I'm glad you don't have any power here.

And (in spite of your condescending attitude) I will always be happy to provide any advice I can..to everyone...including you.

One single question, 30 replies so far (many on a Saturday night btw...), 532 views.

Indeed my first reaction was to wonder how such a simple question can be asked... But on a second thought, I didn't even know how to ask for eggs in a local supermarket back in 2003.

The reactions to the question are far more stupid than the question itself

steveinbsas said:
Does that mean that you feel that this website need a radical overhaul based upon the responses in this thread?

Steve do you think those responses were appropriate? Do you think someone who's only been here for 2 days deserves to be so openly ridiculed? And you call me condescending?

pompeygazza said:
Steve do you think those responses were appropriate? Do you think someone who's only been here for 2 days deserves to be so openly ridiculed? And you call me condescending?

I believe my response to the OP was certainly appropriate...along with most of the early posts (up to number ten).

The negative and very condescending responses were indeed unwarranted.

And I believe that your last response to me (prior to this question) was as condescending as some of them.

But that's just my opinion.

At least this time you asked for it. :D

GS_Dirtboy said:
Seriously, something happens when people communicate anonymously. Much of the social decorum disappears. What we are left with is the worst version of ourselves.

I happily take exception to this. :)

In no way do I wish to create an impression in this forum of who I am that is different from reality.

OK - so back to the point. I got my towels at Jumbo, which was easy (pardon the pun) but expensive - I think I paid 45 pesos per towel 1 year ago.

As an earlier person suggested, there are stores on Santa Fe that are most likely much cheaper. In the end though, its best to import all textiles (clothes, towels, shoes, etc) yourself. Textiles in BA are really expensive.

And, WELCOME TO BA. Its a great city.

I don't think this is a dumb post at all! Girl needs a towel! I actually would like to know where I can buy a laundry basket???

A really good spot for these types of items and just about everything else you could possibly need to set up a kitchen, bedroom or bathroom, at fairly reasonable prices is the COTO supermarket / home store right behind the "ABASTO" shopping mall in Almagro. Just about everything you can possibly need from major appliances, small electrics, sheets, towels, dishes and glasses, cutlery, power and hand toos, lighting, basic clothing items, toys, you name it. It's a huge supermarket on the main floor and everything else I mention on the upper level. A good place to start.

French jurist said:
One single question, 30 replies so far (many on a Saturday night btw...), 532 views.
and yet not a single reference to the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Shame,
shame on all you Saturday night hitchhikers.

Back