Where can I buy a towel?

Iznogud said:
I do agree with Lobo Marino. Being a freshly arrived foreigner is an expensive occupation. Takes a while to settle in and figure out the new environment.
This board ahould provide an insightful and practical way to cope with this.

Now seriously, the Vogons are coming? What have you heard? :eek:

Don't panic!

RosaliaLL said:
Wow, thank you for being incredibly condescending and unhelpful. I almost didn't bother to reply to something so obnoxious, but I can't help but feel the need to defend myself.

I actually have been spending the better part of all two days that I've been here walking around with no particular intention in mind, trying to explore and see the city, particularly San Telmo and Palermo. On those walks, I've been keeping an eye out for stores that sell towels and haven't come across any. I've actually stopped and asked a few people (in castellano) if they knew of any stores that sold towels nearby, and they all answered in the negative.

Just arrived in BsAs, joined BAExpats to make some connections, ask for help and once I know the city better, return the favor. I'm pretty sure that's what this website is supposed to be for, not randomly insulting genuine people.

Didn't your mother teach you if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all?

Please, keep your negativity to yourself. Simply put, don't be a d*ck.

This board is not known for consisting solely of nice people. There are, unfortunately, plenty of grumpy gits.

For what it's worth, I wouldn't have known where to buy a towel in BA either, and I spent nearly a month there. Kudos for asking the question, it helped me too, and carry on!

RosaliaLL said:
I know it's random, but I've been here 2 days, and I really need to buy a towel! What kind of store am I looking for? I could really use a Bed, Bath, and Beyond right about now...

now the towel problem is sorted :)

what about sink plugs? is there some sort of huge black market in sink plugs which explains why you can never find any? like the problem with finding small change for the bus last year is there a warehouse somewhere full of sinkplugs?

and whilst we are about it can someone explain why is it considered a social misdemeanour of the highest order that when I try to wash dirty food dishes in a bowl this is wrong and it should be done using running water and loads and loads of neat washing up liquid applied with a sponge?

why isnt the Rio de la Plata foaming up like a kid's bubble bath as a result?

The problem with sink plugs is that none of them fit, much like anything else that is stamped 'Industria Argentina'.

Gringoboy said:
The problem with sink plugs is that none of them fit, much like anything else that is stamped 'Industria Argentina'.

I'm luck I suppose as mine fits perfectly, and also has one other ideal design feature. It has a concave top surface so when you turn the tap on you get a fountain effect of cold water in the face. Perfect for those early mornings :rolleyes:

Back