Where can I buy a towel?

Welcome to BA Rosalia. Sorry you didn't have a warmer welcome but I think a lot of us have battle fatigue.

TERKILD said:
Hahahaha, and even people replying to be helpfull, makes this hole post even worse!

Perhaps it looks as as bad as your spelling...on the whole.

I think the people who were trying to be helpful should be congratulated.

When I arrived in 2006 I didn't know where to buy anything, either.

I was renting an apartment just a few blocks from Alto Palermo and Av. Santa Fe, but it took me several days to even start to discover my options for shopping.

Most new towels sold here look great but don't hold up well after just a few washings.

In 2006 I paid 19 pesos each for a couple bath towels at a store on Av. Santa Fe. I think the name of the store was Jan Jan, but I am not certain.

They did not look very good after a few washings.

I took them back and got a store credit for the full purchase price.

I bought the best quality bath sheet (much larger) the store had to offer. It came with a smaller towel for $75 pesos. I have used them for six years and they still look almost new.

Unfortunately, the same set today probably costs about $150 pesos...if not more.

surfing said:
Welcome to BA Rosalia. Sorry you didn't have a warmer welcome but I think a lot of us have battle fatigue.

So is that an excuse to insult someone who's just arrived and may be feeling disoriented?

To be honest I'm disgusted. I think this forum needs a radical overhaul

steveinbsas said:
Perhaps it looks as as bad as your spelling...on the whole.

I think the people who were trying to be helpful should be congratulated.

When I arrived in 2006 I didn't know where to buy anything, either.

I was renting an apartment just a few blocks from Alto Palermo and Av. Santa Fe, but it took me several days to even start to discover my options for shopping.

Most new towels sold here look great but don't hold up well after just a few washings.

In 2006 I paid 19 pesos each for a couple bath towels at a store on Av. Santa Fe. I think the name of the store was Jan Jan, but I am not certain.

They did not look very good after a few washings.

I took them back and got a store credit for the full purchase price.

I bought the best quality bath sheet (much larger) the store had to offer. It came with a smaller towel for $75 pesos. I have used them for six years and they still look almost new.

Unfortunately, the same set today probably costs about $150 pesos...if not more.
Juan Juan is a great place to buy towels and sheets. The store doesn't look great but you can find decent quality at a good price. OP: it's at the corner of Santa Fe and Azcuenega.

pompeygazza said:
So is that an excuse to insult someone who's just arrived and may be feeling disoriented?

I think this is a very good question.

pompeygazza said:
To be honest I'm disgusted. I think this forum needs a radical overhaul

It's already under moderation and posts which the owners find objectionable are quickly deleted.

I suggest you use a google search to find a new expat website in Buenos Aires or start your own if this site disgusts you.

To be honest, that's a polite way of telling you where to go. :p

surfing said:
Juan Juan is a great place to buy towels and sheets. The store doesn't look great but you can find decent quality at a good price. OP: it's at the corner of Santa Fe and Azcuenega.

Thanks, surfing. I could only remember the name as Jan Jan

All I need was U. ;)

steveinbsas said:
I suggest you use a google search to find a new expat website in Buenos Aires or start your own if this site disgusts you.

To be honest, that's a polite way of telling you where to go. :p

Thanks a lot Steve, but if I ever need your advice I'll ask for it.

My responses in this thread are based on how I feel about the hostile reception given by some users to someone who's only been here for 2 days and is asking a simple question.

Back