Where do I find it? Specialty Neighborhoods

Katsinspace said:
Could someone point me in the direction of an area of jewlery shops selling wedding rings, cheap and not so cheap. Thanks :)
On Libertad and Corrientes ( most stores on Libertad between Correintes and Sarmiento, dozens of them )

Calle Libertad - start in Corrientes and walk towards Avenida de Mayo - there are three or four blocks with nothing but jewelry stores.

Good luck....!

i came here from the email to mention Libertad as the place for jewelry, but apparently y'all have beaten me to it. Once obviously for bulk discounts...it's about the only place in this country where the idea exists.

re: Beers
imho, the Jumbo in Palermo next to the mosque is the place to go for beers in BA. The selection is still pretty hit or miss, but you'll occasionally find some good microbrews and even seasonals from microbreweries.

studiodio said:
I highly recommend the book cellar for books in english and other languages other than spanish (actually he has spanish collector books also)...prices are much better than the Walrus, but why i love it is that its so fun to go there...Daniel is a walking encyclopedia of info on books and is so much fun and so enthusiastic about stuff....his place is in belgrano...off the beaten path, but combine it with Chinese lunch and shopping....
thebookcellarbsas.blogspot.com his blog has listings of most of his books....he will also buy your used books

Thanks StudioDio (my earliest and best customers!)

I have a new website - www.bookcellarbsas.com

An extra thanks - nice thread...

Is there a specialty food district that has boutique/imported fine foods or even local delicacies done to their best. (I am thinking something similar to Chelsea Market (since the OP referenced NYC))

Also, if not, how about at least an Italian Specialty food place with: Prosciutto di Parma, Gaeta olives, San Marzano tomoatoes, Reggiano Parmigiano (from Reggio area), fresh Mozzarelli di Bufalo? Just seems with the Italian heritage of Argentina these would be in demand, but i guess the import expense thing is a problem.

And thanks for this extensive list Ries et al.

Night vision goggles, camo gear, flak jackets:Moreno from Virrey Cevallos and going round the corner on Saenz Pena

A&A said:
Is there a specialty food district that has boutique/imported fine foods or even local delicacies done to their best. (I am thinking something similar to Chelsea Market (since the OP referenced NYC))

Also, if not, how about at least an Italian Specialty food place with: Prosciutto di Parma, Gaeta olives, San Marzano tomoatoes, Reggiano Parmigiano (from Reggio area), fresh Mozzarelli di Bufalo? Just seems with the Italian heritage of Argentina these would be in demand, but i guess the import expense thing is a problem.

And thanks for this extensive list Ries et al.

You can find* Italian Grana (haven't seen Parmigiano) but it's crazy expensive. They have it as Valenti and at a place on Colonel Diaz between Santa Fe and the first street over (Guemes or Charcas).

*or at least you could a few months ago.

Reactions: A&A
pauper said:
Night vision goggles, camo gear, flak jackets:Moreno from Virrey Cevallos and going round the corner on Saenz Pena

Excellent!

On Jose Leon Suarez st in Liniers you find the Bolivian neighborhood, with many specialty stores 8 lots of hot peppers, variety of potatoes, etc.

mini said:
Excellent!
Great...that's where I got the 50 cal and the rocket launcher for my Hummer and now I enjoy driving in BA. Everyone is so nice and parking is everywhere you {aim}look.

Back