Where else to live?

Canada havent you heard? ...funnily enough, that post on the cities of the world survey aside, in the local Argentinean shop today I flicked through an expat newspaper for Argentineans living in Spain and there was an article on Spanish based Argentineans feeling the Spanish crisis for a better life in Canada...

Berlin, Germany.
Amazingly cheap, great quality of life, everything close, easy to come along with english. I know it is not as "sexy" as latin america at first sight, but once you have visited the illegal-one-night-clubs for partying til the morning, tasted some great indian dinner for 10 bucks, booked a flight to Barcelona or London for 80 € you may change your opinion.

Thereandbackagain said:
Berlin, Germany.
Amazingly cheap, great quality of life, everything close, easy to come along with english. I know it is not as "sexy" as latin america at first sight, but once you have visited the illegal-one-night-clubs for partying til the morning, tasted some great indian dinner for 10 bucks, booked a flight to Barcelona or London for 80 € you may change your opinion.

My girlfriend is from Berlin, is a nice city, is not that cheap as it was anymore but still cheap compared to citys like Paris or London, the problem is the visa and speak German, without that forget to live in germany at least for long term. Cheap Flights remain cheap they increase since 2011 but they still cheap in europe.

Chabon: 1500 - 2000 euros rent are flats for expats/yuppies or short term habitants. I pay here 370 euros for a two room-space and 140 euros for all the costs including internet.
If you know the way here it's not that difficult to find a cheap place to live. Other things are expensive compared to Spain or Portugal, like food, taxes or services. But then again I found BsArs terrible expensive.
IN Amsterdam you don't need a car not even a card for public transport, everything is very easily reached by bike. The quality is life is great, respect in daily life is not something strange like in BsArs and things work more or less as expected.
The annoying thing here is the long winter and weather, yes. That's why I try to escape the winters here while staying elsewhere.

Two spots close to home Ecuador and Panama, Low cost of living, afordable real estate, medical benefits for retired individuals. Beach resorts. Sorry No Rolling Stones!

Rich One said:
Two spots close to home Ecuador and Panama, Low cost of living, afordable real estate, medical benefits for retired individuals. Beach resorts. Sorry No Rolling Stones!

And now you'll have Julian Assange for company and boy would he make for a great drinking buddy..ie has a few in interesting stories to tell..

mariano-BCN said:
Lamb: yes, I live nearby the Vondelpark, behind the street Overtoom.

And how did you manage to find a place for 370 nearby Vondelpark??? :eek: Because that doesnt sound very common at all to me. In case it is to you, help me out and get me one too please hahah.

Rich One said:

I can second Ecuador. I lived in Guayaquil for 2 years and loved it, however I'd opt for Quito as a permanent option. The mountains are there and the beach isn't horribly far by car/bus. Although the beaches by Guayaquil are really nice and so is northern Peru for vacations. I never saw Rolling Stones in Ecuador, but I did see Guns N' Roses in 2010 haha. And Aerosmith was there not too long ago...but no RS...

Also, since they use USD, there are very little problems for those coming from the states and using a cc. Still the factor of crime though..

whatadahl said:
I can second Ecuador. I lived in Guayaquil for 2 years and loved it, however I'd opt for Quito as a permanent option. The mountains are there and the beach isn't horribly far by car/bus. Although the beaches by Guayaquil are really nice and so is northern Peru for vacations. I never saw Rolling Stones in Ecuador, but I did see Guns N' Roses in 2010 haha. And Aerosmith was there not too long ago...but no RS...

Also, since they use USD, there are very little problems for those coming from the states and using a cc. Still the factor of crime though..

The problem is you don't have blue dolar lol ;)

Back