Where`s The Beef ?

Mercado el Progreso, Mercado Juramento, several butcher stores in the city you should be able to find good beef. If you donñt want to go out of your way, you can also buy the sealed cuts they sell at most supermarkets, those are for export, more expensive but top quality.

Here when I put meat in the oven, WATER comes out, (no drippings to make gravy). It is as if I am boiling it. It comes out "torsida" twisted as if it just had epilepsy fit.
Here garlic is disgusting, and spices are no no.

What??????? Who cooks meat in the oven? A nice steak should be cooked on a plancha on top of the stove. No wonder you have water running out. Turn the temperature of the stove to high, heat up the plancha, throw the meat on and let the outside brown slightly, then turn it over and take the plancha off the stove and it will keep cooking and instead of water running out you'll get lots of red juice. I dip my bread in it as if were pasta sauce.

nlarucia....!! there is nothing better than a, marinated overnight, lomo al horno medium, with russet roasted potatoes and plenty of thick gravy !! Meat a las brasas under high heat, evaporates most of good juices and flavor...! :eek:

nlarucia....!! there is nothing better than a, marinated overnight, lomo al horno medium, with russet potatoes and plenty of thick gravy !! meat a las brasas under high heat, evaporates most of good juices and flavor...! :eek:
Are you able to make gravy? Does lomo al horno medium do the trick? Or do you buy cans? Where do you buy canned gravy? If it is a Knorr brand don`t tell me, I don`t wana know.

Are you able to make gravy? Does lomo al horno medium do the trick? Or do you buy cans? Where do you buy canned gravy? If it is a Knorr brand don`t tell me, I don`t wana know.

What can compare to a Prime Rib end cut brown and crunchy , on the cart, a whole beef side, with Gravy.
Gravy is a mystery to me , however must seal the meat to get plenty of drippings and generate the Gravy...?

I am unable to make any grave out of lomo.... I think you need a cut with at least a little bit of fat.
I closest I tried is "Beef Angosto" with the bones at low medium oven sometimes works out close enough. Not the same but close enough.
"Beef Anocho" looks the same as Angosto, but much tougher.

nlarucia....!! there is nothing better than a, marinated overnight, lomo al horno medium, with russet roasted potatoes and plenty of thick gravy !! Meat a las brasas under high heat, evaporates most of good juices and flavor...! :eek:

The potatoes sound tasty. Trust me, the high heat doesn't in anyway dry the meat out. That's why you cook only one side quickly to seal it, and get it off the heat. The juice runs out of my plate.

The potatoes sound tasty. Trust me, the high heat doesn't in anyway dry the meat out. That's why you cook only one side quickly to seal it, and get it off the heat. The juice runs out of my plate.
I tried very hot plancha :
3 minutes each side if cold from the fridge.
2 minutes each side if at room temperature.

Never tried just one side stove ON, second side stove OFF. I`ll try that.

Back