Where to buy plates and silverware?

Sleuth

Registered
Does anyone have any advice as to where to buy plates and silverware? I'm looking for something a bit nicer than Jumbo would have, but nothing too crazy. I already checked out Falabella but didn't like anything they had in stock.

Thanks.

Buenos Aires design in Recoleta maybe ? I remember a shop at the underground with silverware, plates and kitchen electronics like blender, espresso machine, etc...

I would say Falabela, but if you don't like that go to Buenos Aires Design, a bit more expensive than Falabela.
if you want real nice stuff to go Flox.
Or go to Ken in Juncal/Libertad. The last 2 do "listas de casamientos" and have really nice things.

Thanks. Gonna check out BA Design and then the others if they do not have what I want.

Geo Bazar is in the downstairs of the BA Design Building and they have tons of stuff. Also, I'm not 100% sure what block, so if you're up for a little stroll, on the south side of Santa Fe between Pueyrredón (Staples) and Billinghurst (OSDE) there's a place called Mod Design (or something like that) with a clearance banner that carries a ton of different household goods. It's like a concentrated little BA Design like shop but with good discounts and cute stuff. We're moving this week, and we're definitely going to go there for our home stuff.

Anyone know the name and exact location, please say.

Not as nice as BA Design, but much nicer than Falabella & JUMBO is the restaurant supply area.

Jujuy between San Juan & Juan de Garay.

I know that you're a bit on the BA Design side, but there are nice things on Jujuy. AND there's so much other stuff that you might end up going nuts. (I've bought my chef's knives there as well as glass mixing bowls.) The latest thing that I've considered is a hand crank coffee grinder and/or an orange juice squeezer. (The kind of the lever on the side that crushes the oranges on a cone-like device before your juice drains into a cup or pitcher.)

I concur with Napoleon. My favorite shop is on the corner of Jujuy and San Juan, Bazar Gastro Market. The stuff might not be design-y but everything I have bought there is restaurant grade and GOOD QUALITY and stays nice over the long haul. There are not a lot of purchases I have made in BA that I would call a "quality" item, that stands up to wear and tear! Somehow, they find interesting and amazing ways to break themselves.

A lot of the restaurant supply places have mostly those classic white dishes you see at restaurants, but I tend to really fancy them! But there are some shops that have place settings in different designs.

Thanks for all the advice. I went to Buenos Aires Design and picked up a few things, but found the prices to be pretty high. I saw the exact same stools that I bought on Avenida Belgrano at $400 each "on sale" at BA Design for $600. Yow!

Anyhow, the place I ended up getting almost everything at was Geo Bazar on Cabildo between La Palma and Sucre. They had a great selection and pretty good prices.

Back