Where To Find Pure Grass-Fed Beef Asado

LeoNubarron

Registered
Well, I live to eat and I eat to live.
I have a passion for nutritional food that tastes fantastic, especially meat.
In the country I come from good food is not a luxury but is just impossible to find, it is not a poor country but one where jealousy has power. One of the best thing in Argentina is that food can be fantastic. I'm looking for really good stuff, something that can be so good that it will be the measuring post for all other meals.

A friend told me about a restaurant named Cabana Las Lilas but I heard that there are just as good Parillas for a cheaper price. Does anyone know where to buy or dine on grass-fed meat?

Also, how prevalent are the feed lots?
I have a way to distinguish a grass-fed cow from a grain fed one. The simple trick is to buy the spleen and to cook it a little, if the spleen is sweet then the cow had an over amount of sugar in her blood stream and essentially became diabetic. Therefore to check the quality of the meat its best to check the spleen.

Lets all run out and buy up some spleens. But how do I know which cow the spleen came from. Or what the hell does a sweet spleen taste like? Or is that a cow spleen or a pig spleen?

when low skies weightier than a coffin-lid
cast on the moaning soul their weary blight,
and from the whole horizon's murky grid
its grey light drips more dismal than the night;

Most cows spend some time at a feed lot here right before going to auction to fatten them up although they spend most of their life free range. Cabana Las Lilas is good but quite pricey. I personally don't know of any place that has guaranteed grass-fed beef nor is there any way to confirm that AFAIK.

when low skies weightier than a coffin-lid
cast on the moaning soul their weary blight,
and from the whole horizon's murky grid
its grey light drips more dismal than the night;
Frenchie what are you smoking?

Let's not forget Baudelaire was grass-fed too!

I remember when Disco sold Cabana Las Lilas packaged meat, and that Coto sometimes sells lamb that I assume can only be grass fed.
Still anyone knows of a very good Carniceria in Retiro / Recoleta or.... if ithas to be "Palermo" ?

Amics is pretty good, nr Carranza subte, linea D. Not sure where the meat comes from but it cuts beautifully. I bought some Lomo this week from there and running the knife through it i was tempted to eat it raw. Very nice cut of meat for standard prices.

Lots of restaurants boast only grass fed meat. There is no way to be sure though and I won't pretend to be able to tell the difference between a tasty bife from a feedlot cow and a pastizal. I can definitely tell high quality from the tasteless crap that's ever more prevalent So as long as it's yummy, I don't really care if it started guzzling down Monsanto's GMO maize directly from mommy's udder.

Back