Where To Get Support For My Macbook Pro?

Well look at it this way, at the Blue rate the price is US$180 or a little bit more than twice the US price seems correct as local prices go. Official exchange doesn't exist. If you buy online from the USA would have to pay the 35 % surcharge, plus transport, plus customs.

I forgot mine at home when packing, and had to buy one at the tech store (can't remember its name) at SFO, where it cost me about US$110.

Mercadolibre is an online ordering market but in most cases you can go and pick up the item and pay cash there and then.I never have anything sent but always go to pickup ,that way I can reject before payment if the merchandise is no good .However so far no bad experiences on ML and I am an avid shopper. A lot of the ads are actually stores ,some semi private and others private If something interests you just ask them what area they are located in before you buy so you don't have to travel to some outlandish place.

Thanks for the great explanation, Aleina Dee!

Hi HelaineT,

This guy sells Mac stuff on MercadoLibre and has the charger for $900, which is a good price at the blue rate. I just ordered 3 mac cables from him this morning, and got them delivered a few minutes ago to our home.

http://articulo.merc...60w-85w-45w-_JM

Edit: that listing is for a magsafe 2. If you have an older macbook, you may need the magsafe 1 connector. You can ask him in the questions section if he has your type in stock.

Aleina Dee, Rich One, and 2Guys . . . thank you very much for the specific info.
I have a 3-year old Macbook Pro, btw, so I'd need the Magsafe 1. On Rich One's mercado libre link, the 60W one is out of stock.

So you pay and then go to the location and pick up to see if it's good merchandise, Aleina? One finds out the general location before ordering, and get the specific location after paying?

Aleina Dee, Rich One, and 2Guys . . . thank you very much for the specific info.
I have a 3-year old Macbook Pro, btw, so I'd need the Magsafe 1. On Rich One's mercado libre link, the 60W one is out of stock.

So you pay and then go to the location and pick up to see if it's good merchandise, Aleina? One finds out the general location before ordering, and get the specific location after paying?

Depending on the model of mbp you should be ok with the 90W as it will simply charge the unit faster. I know for mine at least when I had to get my replacement number 9,000 (cats love these things -_-) I had the choice and that's what I was told, but after some showing pics of the cats the guys at the Apple Store said ok, they'll do it for me. I could be wrong but I think you should be able to use a 90W unit as well.

Yes that is what I do. In 50 purchases I have not yet had to reject one . Have a look at the vendors though. Look at what else they sell and that will give you an idea of how serious they are or they are indeed vendors If they sell flower vases at the same time they are probably not a dedicated store . ;)

A few tips on how to purchase on MercadoLibre;

1. Sign up and create an account: https://registration...r/registration/

2. Search for the item you want to purchase (e.g. "magsafe 1")

- ML has vendors all over Argentina, so you want to filter your results by clicking "Capital Federal" on the left hand side menu.

- Buying from vendors with a good reputation is usually best, so if it is an option, you can also filter by "Mejores Vendedores" on the left menu. For example; platinum vendors have this a silver "medal" icon next to their listings. Platinum vendors usually have store fronts where you can go and pick the item up. Keep in mind you may not find a platinum vendor for the item you want, so you may have to purchase from a regular vendor or individual.

- Open the item page, and:

a. check the item, make sure it is exactly what you are looking for (don't go by images alone, read description carefully).

b. check the reputation bar Anything with a mid yellow to green is usually a good vendor.

c. check whether the vendor delivers or not. Usually you can have the item delivered by courier, sometimes same day or next day. Look for "Envio a acordar con el vendedor" (arrange delivery with vendor), or "Ver costos de envio" which allows you to pre-pay delivery when you purchase the item.

d. towards the bottom of the page, there is a questions and answers section. always ask the vendor before ordering anything. This will give you an idea of how responsive they are. I usually ask if he/she still has the item in stock, and how much it will cost to deliver to my neighborhood. Do not leave any contact info on the question, telephone, or street address as that violates ML policy. Good vendors usually respond within hours.

e. if you are good to go, click the "Comprar" button on the item page, and proceed with the checkout process. Sometimes you can pay online for the item using a local credit card or debit card, or you can simply purchase the item and pay for it when you pick it up or have it delivered to your home (contra entrega).

f. once you complete the checkout process, you receive an email with the contact information (name, address, email, and phone number) for the vendor. they will also receive your contact information. Just call the vendor, or email them and arrange delivery or a date/time to go pick up the item.

That's it. I've been purchasing a lot of stuff on ML for years and also sell electronics every now and then. I've never had any issues as a buyer or seller, and really like the convenience of ordering online and getting things delivered at home.

Good luck!

A few tips on how to purchase on MercadoLibre;

1. Sign up and create an account: https://registration...r/registration/

2. Search for the item you want to purchase (e.g. "magsafe 1")

- ML has vendors all over Argentina, so you want to filter your results by clicking "Capital Federal" on the left hand side menu.

- Buying from vendors with a good reputation is usually best, so if it is an option, you can also filter by "Mejores Vendedores" on the left menu. For example; platinum vendors have this a silver "medal" icon next to their listings. Platinum vendors usually have store fronts where you can go and pick the item up. Keep in mind you may not find a platinum vendor for the item you want, so you may have to purchase from a regular vendor or individual.

- Open the item page, and:

a. check the item, make sure it is exactly what you are looking for (don't go by images alone, read description carefully).

b. check the reputation bar Anything with a mid yellow to green is usually a good vendor.

c. check whether the vendor delivers or not. Usually you can have the item delivered by courier, sometimes same day or next day. Look for "Envio a acordar con el vendedor" (arrange delivery with vendor), or "Ver costos de envio" which allows you to pre-pay delivery when you purchase the item.

d. towards the bottom of the page, there is a questions and answers section. always ask the vendor before ordering anything. This will give you an idea of how responsive they are. I usually ask if he/she still has the item in stock, and how much it will cost to deliver to my neighborhood. Do not leave any contact info on the question, telephone, or street address as that violates ML policy. Good vendors usually respond within hours.

e. if you are good to go, click the "Comprar" button on the item page, and proceed with the checkout process. Sometimes you can pay online for the item using a local credit card or debit card, or you can simply purchase the item and pay for it when you pick it up or have it delivered to your home (contra entrega).

f. once you complete the checkout process, you receive an email with the contact information (name, address, email, and phone number) for the vendor. they will also receive your contact information. Just call the vendor, or email them and arrange delivery or a date/time to go pick up the item.

That's it. I've been purchasing a lot of stuff on ML for years and also sell electronics every now and then. I've never had any issues as a buyer or seller, and really like the convenience of ordering online and getting things delivered at home.

Good luck!

Another point .!!!!!... I arrange for delivery to the building lobby where the receptionist is always present, Not directly to a home or apt

Back