Where To Get Support For My Macbook Pro?

Hey 2 Guys, Thanks for that detailed explanation. This might not be the right place but a detailed walk through selling on ML would also be greatly appreciated.

Tom

Be careful with buying a Magsafe 2 to replace yours. It looks like they changed the connectors slightly. Here is a pic. IF you were to buy a magsafe 2 then you would also need to buy an adaptor which is an extra 300 pesos.

http://articulo.merc...-45w-nuevos-_JM

Yes, Aleina - the Magsafe 2 has the wrong connector. I really think I can simply buy a Magsafe 1.
(Didn't do it yet. Using a loaner from a friend for a few days while I'm busy with work and researching.)

A few tips on how to purchase on MercadoLibre;

1. Sign up and create an account: https://registration...r/registration/

2. Search for the item you want to purchase (e.g. "magsafe 1")

- ML has vendors all over Argentina, so you want to filter your results by clicking "Capital Federal" on the left hand side menu.

- Buying from vendors with a good reputation is usually best, so if it is an option, you can also filter by "Mejores Vendedores" on the left menu. For example; platinum vendors have this a silver "medal" icon next to their listings. Platinum vendors usually have store fronts where you can go and pick the item up. Keep in mind you may not find a platinum vendor for the item you want, so you may have to purchase from a regular vendor or individual.

- Open the item page, and:

a. check the item, make sure it is exactly what you are looking for (don't go by images alone, read description carefully).

b. check the reputation bar Anything with a mid yellow to green is usually a good vendor.

c. check whether the vendor delivers or not. Usually you can have the item delivered by courier, sometimes same day or next day. Look for "Envio a acordar con el vendedor" (arrange delivery with vendor), or "Ver costos de envio" which allows you to pre-pay delivery when you purchase the item.

d. towards the bottom of the page, there is a questions and answers section. always ask the vendor before ordering anything. This will give you an idea of how responsive they are. I usually ask if he/she still has the item in stock, and how much it will cost to deliver to my neighborhood. Do not leave any contact info on the question, telephone, or street address as that violates ML policy. Good vendors usually respond within hours.

e. if you are good to go, click the "Comprar" button on the item page, and proceed with the checkout process. Sometimes you can pay online for the item using a local credit card or debit card, or you can simply purchase the item and pay for it when you pick it up or have it delivered to your home (contra entrega).

f. once you complete the checkout process, you receive an email with the contact information (name, address, email, and phone number) for the vendor. they will also receive your contact information. Just call the vendor, or email them and arrange delivery or a date/time to go pick up the item.

That's it. I've been purchasing a lot of stuff on ML for years and also sell electronics every now and then. I've never had any issues as a buyer or seller, and really like the convenience of ordering online and getting things delivered at home.

Good luck!

Wow, 2Guys!! This is a huge help, and very reassuring.
Thank you so much!!

Yes, Aleina - the Magsafe 2 has the wrong connector. I really think I can simply buy a Magsafe 1.
(Didn't do it yet. Using a loaner from a friend for a few days while I'm busy with work and researching.)

I just read this thread, but in case you haven't found one I have one that you can borrow/have. I live in Palermo.

One note: I don't have a plug that fits Argentine outlets. I always use the standard black two-pin cables you can buy at any hardware store.

I just read this thread, but in case you haven't found one I have one that you can borrow/have. I live in Palermo.

One note: I don't have a plug that fits Argentine outlets. I always use the standard black two-pin cables you can buy at any hardware store.

Thank you for the kind offer. I sent you a private message. (I had a loaner last week, which helped me delay my mercado libre adventure.)

Back