Where's a Good Small Town to Ride Out the Storm?

The number of local cases of Coronavirus in Argentina is a picture of 7 days ago. The Results are way behind.

Shopping Malls workers like Abasto, in CABA, protest and ask the City to close the Malls. What is the difference between those workers and the workers in a ladies fashion store next door to the Mall. Then all sores should close.
The workers claim they have to travel in train to work and are exposed to germs, also they are in contact with tourists that may be infected . Believe they want to be payed to stay home.
The workers in a small shop get paid under the table.

The number of local cases of Coronavirus in Argentina is a picture of 7 days ago. The Results are way behind.

If and when the" results" show the number of cases are increasing exponentially (doubling in a matter of days as they have in other countries), I think it´s likley most of the shops will be closed, at least until the curve flattens, and it won´t make any difference if they´re in the malls or on the streets.

At the grocery store this morning, the customers were required to maintain a one meter distance in the checkout line, but they´re much closer to each other when they shop, and even closer to the check out person when paying, something that happens in every grocery store, regardless of the size of the town or city

Shopping Malls workers like Abasto, in CABA, protest and ask the City to close the Malls. What is the difference between those workers and the workers in a ladies fashion store next door to the Mall. Then all sores should close.
The workers claim they have to travel in train to work and are exposed to germs, also they are in contact with tourists that may be infected . Believe they want to be payed to stay home.
The workers in a small shop get paid under the table.

Not exactly the same with small store (almost invisible to the unions) employees.
Malls employees are easily, regularly and systematically replaced. They usually get kicked out instead of become permanent staff. It´s a taxes and severance pay thing. Also, we are still within the 180 days / double severance pay period decreed by our beloved Leader.

It will be hard for those who stay home to have a job to return to, unless they are very good at what they do.

Patio Bullrich shortened its operating hours. Almost deserted today.

-------

The number of officially recognized cases will rise dramatically once our beloved officials remove both thumbs from their buttholes and start getting with the program. Denial (hiding real numbers) now will feed the panic when the cat is out of the bag.

Iz

Last edited:
W
If and when the" results" show the number of cases are increasing exponentially (doubling in a matter of days as they have in other countries), I think it´s likley most of the shops will be closed, at least until the curve flattens, and it won´t make any difference if they´re in the malls or on the streets.

At the grocery store this morning, the customers were required to maintain a one meter distance in the checkout line, but they´re much closer to each other when they shop, and even closer to the check out person when paying, something that happens in every grocery store, regardless of the size of the town or city
What do we do when the Cueva (in a small shop) has to close..? ATM's .

Am paying my housekeeper to stay home, and many of my friends are doing the same. A trusted housekeeper is more than worth it.

Maybe the peso will go closer to the Blue?

For those that are in a high risk group and are thinking of going to a crowded Western Union, or cueva, to get the best rates, instead of paying online using card at the official rate. I urge you to reconsider, pay a bit more for a while and be safe guys.

Right now is the time to lay low and avoid as many contagion vectors as possible.

That's my 50 cents, for what it's worth.

Cheers!

Back