Where's a Good Small Town to Ride Out the Storm?

My trusted cueva home delivers - quite a few of them do, actually.

Yes they do, to 20-100 different people a day.

Do you think they use WHO recommended procedures? Still sounds like roulette if you ask me. But everyone can evaluate the risk as they see fit.

Have at it.

Cheers!

I saw on the TV chiron that they're stopping long distance buses. It looks like long distance travel will be restricted.

Maybe I'll look for a house rental in the Northern suburbs when this AirBNB is finished April 12th.

Or maybe the restrictions will be lifted April 1st...

I think there is a strong possibility that it will be much later than that.

For reasons which will immediately be obvious to most viewers, I suggest everyone listen to this video:

Yes they do, to 20-100 different people a day.

Do you think they use WHO recommended procedures? Still sounds like roulette if you ask me. But everyone can evaluate the risk as they see fit.

Have at it.

Cheers!

Everything you buy, no matter how you pay for it, has been handled by lots of people. So paper money is just one more item.

My point is, there is no way to completely isolate ourselves - we need to bring in things like food.

But perhaps you grow your own vegetables and fruits, plant wheat to make bread, keep cows to milk, and raise chickens to supply you with eggs.

So, have at it...!

Last edited:
But perhaps you grow your own vegetables and fruits, plant wheat to make bread, keep cows to milk, and raise chickens to supply you with eggs.

Those are good suggestions, but I would eliminate the two most difficult.

I would not try to grow my own wheat, but that´s because I don´t eat bread or any products made with wheat flour.

And I would change the "C" word to the "G" word.

That´s because goats (even with their annoying behavior at times) are far easier to deal with (especially at milking time) than cows.

Everything you buy, no matter how you pay for it, has been handled by lots of people. So paper money is just one more item.

My point is, there is no way to completely isolate ourselves - we need to bring in things like food.

So, have at it...!

So because there is no way to totally isolate, we shouldn't minimize the high risk vector contexts?

You can't avoid buying food, unless as you say, you grown some of your own (which actually isn't as hard as many would think).

You can avoid people (cambistas) or places (cuevas , wu) which logically would be massive hot spots, by just paying the official rate using card online, for a lot of things.

So your false equivalency is just that in my view.

Or am I missing something??

Cheers!

Those are good suggestions, but I would eliminate the two most difficult.

I would not try to grow my own wheat, but that´s because I don´t eat bread or any products made with wheat flour.

And I would change the "C" word to the "G" word.

That´s because goats (even with their annoying behavior at times) are far easier to deal with (especially at milking time) than cows.

Indeed.

Also, for those who are serious about the idea of a degree of food self sufficiency, it's important to plan which species produce which fruit/veg's/berries at which time of year. That way you can get cover year round, instead of big concentrated harvests which require canning, preserving etc to make the most of.

But I digress,

Back to the bunker.

;P

Personally, I've grown tired of all this self-preservation paranoia - am reaching the point where I almost wish to get the virus right now, and be done with it.

Happy bunkering, you all.....!

Last edited:
The silver lining.....

For months I've agonized trying to decide where to celebrate my next birthday - a landmark one. So many choices.....! The SIerra Nevada in California, the Florida Everglades, Capri, the south of Chile, or Catamarca?

Now, the stock market meltdown and the virus have decided for me - I'll celebrate it at home with the dog.

For reasons which will immediately be obvious to most viewers, I suggest everyone listen to this video:

I haven't watched the video, but this guy is pretty scary.
Well, I guess this is how a survivalist is supposed to look like.
These days he could make a career as a TV news anchor.

scary-guy.jpg

A Chinese Supermarket in Villa Urquiza takes de Temp of customers before entry , 2 customers showed 34 C another lady had 32 C LOL that gun ain't worth shit!

Back