Which Has The Best Pizza: Argentina Or Italy?

Which has the Best Pizza: Argentina or Italy?

• Argentina

Votes: 15 27.3%
  • Italy

Votes: 29 52.7%
  • None of the Above

Votes: 11 20.0%

• Total voters
Kentucky is really hiid. Do you think it's better than La Guerrin or El Cuartito?

Kentucky is really hiid. Do you think it's better than La Guerrin or El Cuartito?

Sorry, I meant to say good. It's difficult to type on an iPhone.

El Cuartito - la Buena Pizza Desde 1934

Talcahuano 937

https://maps.google....ed=0CKQBEPwSMAA

photo-491-2.jpg

1+cuartito-pizzaria-buenos-aires-clasica.jpg

Argentina should win this poll if you ask who has the best pizza a la parrilla!

Remember you're allowed to delete your vote for Italy and recast it for Argentina.

Top Five Pizza Places in BA according to the The Anuva Wine Tasting Blog

1. Guerrin: the classic of all classics located on Avenida Corrientes only about 4 blocks from 9 de Julio. Their best pizza is their muzarella, and the best muzarella in Buenos Aires is at Guerrin.
2. La Mezzetta: for those who want an adventure, and simply the best fugazzetta rellena in Buenos Aires, make the trek here for standing room only onion pizza goodness. Located in Chacarita on Alvarez Thomas and Elcano.
3. Las Cuartetas: in second place for fugazzetta rellena we have this classic pizzeria only a few blocks from Guerrin. Super heavy!
4. El Cuartito: this one is considered a classic, and is basically making it on the list because of all of the great pictures they have on their walls. If you want atmosphere with your classic Argentine pizza, go here.
5. El Palacio de la Pizza: some swear by it… we were writing a top 5.

Half the people in there looks so old they might not be able to come back next week
Ageism has no place in a discussion of the greatness of Fugazzeta - but a recipe does:

With more than half the population believed to be of Italian descent, it should come as no surprise that Argentines have their own style of pizza. The fugazzeta – derived from the word ‘focaccia’ – was created by a Genoese immigrant baker at the beginning of the last century and consists of a bread-like base and mountains of onion and cheese. The dish became so famous that it was patented in the 1950s.

Ingedients:
  • 7g sachet dried yeast
  • 225g (1½ cups) baker’s flour*
  • 80ml (⅓ cup) olive oil, plus extra, to grease
  • 600g (about 3 large) onions, thinly sliced
  • 150g mozzarella, grated
  • 150g provolone*, grated
  • 2 tsp dried oregano
  • 8 green olives, pitted
  • ¼ tsp salt, plus extra to season
Instructions: http://www.sbs.com.a...13565/Fugazzeta

Che Señor Vietnamo, thanks for mentioning a couple of places I have never heard of, next time in BA I'll definitely try my luck although I have to admit that I am generally more interested in pasta.

Back