Who can guess my cholesterol?

Hey Steve, Did you consult with your doctor before continuing the carnivore diet?
That would be the same doctor (a surgeon and facebook friend who performed minor surgery on my back about ten years ago), after seeing how much weight I lost on Keto (several years ago), orederd an MRI for the next day. (I contacted him because I was concerned about how much weight I had lost so quickly.)

...and the answer is no.

The results of the MRI were negative and we never discussed nutrition. I only told him I believed the weight loss was the result of the Keto eating plan, but he ordered the MRI just to be sure I wasn't seriously ill. He had nothing to say about the Keto plan and I was not considerng carnivore at that point, so I didn't mention it.

I haven't seen him since then. I transitioned from Keto to carnvore in November of 2022 after watching many dozens of videos on the subject, especially those featuring Dr, Ken Berry, MD.

I never felt very good with the Keto plan and was never able to eat six cups of vegetablles per day as suggested by Dr. Eric Berg. I did, however, as previously indicated, lose a lot of weight in a short period of time.

I was already off sugar and bread and pasta by July of 2019 and well on my way to Keto, but I never liked buying, preparing or eating vegetables or the effects they always had on my digestive system, which is now better than ever before...in my entire life.

Looking back, I have never known a doctor from whom I would seek nutritional advice and I seriously dobut that I would likey be able to find a "nutritioinst" where I live who would endore carnivore..

A pen pal of mine in Lima suggested I consult a nutritionist when I told her I started carnivore in Novemeber of 2022, just before we started writing, but I wan't inclined to pay much attention to someone who often ate white rice three times a day...and fed it to her 16 year old son as well.

Last edited:
I try to eat all-natural, high-quality meats and chicken, but I also eat fruits and vegetables, sweet potatoes, avocados, summer squash, and nuts such as cashews and almonds. I occasionally eat eggs while cutting out pasta and cheese products. I feel better than ever. My restaurant visits have greatly reduced, not just because of the expense but primarily for health benefits. I am also in the pool and gym three times a week; I started this routine about three months ago, at the time of my last physical. My cholesterol was at the limit, my doctor said. He told me to call him in about three months (now), so I think I will do that.

That would be the same doctor (a surgeon and facebook friend who performed minor surgery on my back about ten years ago), after seeing how much weight I lost on Keto (several years ago), orederd an MRI for the next day. (I contacted him because I was concerned about how much weight I had lost so quickly.)

...and the answer is no.

The results of the MRI were negative and we never discussed nutrition. I only told him I believed the weight loss was the result of the Keto eating plan, but he ordered the MRI just to be sure I wasn't seriously ill. He had nothing to say about the Keto plan and I was not considerng carnivore at that point, so I didn't mention it.

I haven't seen him since then. I transitioned from Keto to carnvore in November of 2022 after watching many dozens of videos on the subject, especially those featuring Dr, Ken Berry, MD.

I never felt very good with the Keto plan and was never able to eat six cups of vegetablles per day as suggested by Dr. Eric Berg. I did, however, as previously indicated, lose a lot of weight in a short period of time.

I was already off sugar and bread and pasta by July of 2019 and well on my way to Keto, but I never liked buying, preparing or eating vegetables or the effects they always had on my digestive system, which is now better than ever before...in my entire life.

Looking back, I have never known a doctor from whom I would seek nutritional advice and I seriously dobut that I would likey be able to find a "nutritioinst" where I live who would endore carnivore..

A pen pal of mine in Lima suggested I consult a nutritionist when I told her I started carnivore in Novemeber of 2022, just before we started writing, but I wan't inclined to pay much attention to someone who often ate white rice three times a day...and fed it to her 16 year old son as well.

Just make sure that the meat and chicken you are eating is of high quality. As far as rice is concerned, you can eat white rice every once in a while, but just let it sit in your refrigerator for 24 hours before you eat it. I try to eat a balanced diet, I do eat vegetables, but not by themselves. see my post above.

Back