Who Will Win in 2023?

Honestly have no idea, but if people want to give Alberto another term they should consider sharing whatever drugs they're on.

My main hope is that it's not a K, Bullrich, or Milei. Asking for anything else is greedy.

Honestly have no idea, but if people want to give Alberto another term they should consider sharing whatever drugs they're on.

My main hope is that it's not a K, Bullrich, or Milei. Asking for anything else is greedy.
Massa, Larreta, Bullrich or Milei (left-center-right). My bet is on Bullrich. But as my friend said, maybe this country needs a crazy one (Milei) to shake things up. Too early to tell.

i think larreta is the best candidate. most of what i hear from him i like, and i think he managed the city well during the pandemic and otherwise.

this place needs the biggest of swamp drains though

Argentina needs about 20 years of painful reforms before anyone will see the benefit.
No one will stick with a government long enough to do that.

Argentina needs about 20 years of painful reforms before anyone will see the benefit.
No one will stick with a government long enough to do that.
Maybe not 20 years but 8 for sure. Argentina is a tremendously rich country that's been poorly managed for decades. It needs a little luck where the global commodity price cycle and the political cycle align with a decent government in power. Fingers crossed.

8 years or less to see the benefits of major political reform. 20 years / a generation to change the culture where people don't fall back easily to the old ways.

• Alberto: good initial pandemic management, but inept since then, ever-ready to put his foot in it.
  • Bullrich: nasty, vicious, ready to turn on anyone.
  • Cristina: corrupt, persecution complex.
  • Larreta: spectacularly corrupt, as the tow-truck affair and the Favaloro / PAMI case demonstrate conclusively. Weasel. Poor administrator. Skirt-chaser.
  • Macri: corrupt, irresponsible, lazy, incompetent. Was part-time president (until 9pm, Netflix from there).
  • Millei: nasty, vicious, totally nuts, as corrupt as any of the others (see recent reports about offering jobs in exchange for money and sex).
  • Vidal: also evidently corrupt, as the purchase and renovation of property without demonstrable income demonstrate. Also involved in the Favaloro / PAMI affair.

For me that leave Berni (possibly also corrupt, though) and Massa, who's having a good economic crisis, some way from succeeding but he's giving it a try. There's not a lot out there,,,

• Alberto: good initial pandemic management, but inept since then, ever-ready to put his foot in it.
  • Larreta: spectacularly corrupt, as the tow-truck affair and the Favaloro / PAMI case demonstrate conclusively. Weasel. Poor administrator. Skirt-chaser.
  • Macri: corrupt, irresponsible, lazy, incompetent. Was part-time president (until 9pm, Netflix from there).
  • Millei: nasty, vicious, totally nuts, as corrupt as any of the others (see recent reports about offering jobs in exchange for money and sex).
  • Vidal: also evidently corrupt, as the purchase and renovation of property without demonstrable income demonstrate. Also involved in the Favaloro / PAMI affair.

For me that leave Berni (possibly also corrupt, though) and Massa, who's having a good economic crisis, some way from succeeding but he's giving it a try. There's not a lot out there,,,

You paint a bleak picture! Massa is such a slimy figure too.

That's why I said Bullrich. She is nasty but not entirely nutts or corrupt. :p

Back