Why Argentina over other countries?

But covid is worldwide. It is not just Argentina that will never be quite the same.

Yes, true but the lockdowns are not nearly so strict in Europe or North America. Life there is much closer to what it was pre-Covid. The comments about life in Argentina are based on nostalgia. The whole world is going to change of course.

Yes, true but the lockdowns are not nearly so strict in Europe or North America. Life there is much closer to what it was pre-Covid. The comments about life in Argentina are based on nostalgia. The whole world is going to change of course.
The countries that have eased their lockdown are having a second wave of infections.

And this first wave here that shows no signs of stopping, and then possibly a second wave later on?

That's how it's looking...although thankfully the second wave doesn't seem to be as deadly as the first. I wouldn't be surprised if we're still wearing masks on the anniversary of when we started putting them on. So Xmas and New Year celebrations could well be affected.....that'd be a bonus as we can't be arsed with it anyway. :)

That's how it's looking...although thankfully the second wave doesn't seem to be as deadly as the first. I wouldn't be surprised if we're still wearing masks on the anniversary of when we started putting them on. So Xmas and New Year celebrations could well be affected.....that'd be a bonus as we can't be arsed with it anyway. :)

On TV programs ifectologists suggested, tempo permitendo, (Italian), celebrations out in the Garden or a Park . Portable Christmas trees Same for New Years Eve.

On TV programs ifectologists suggested, tempo permitendo, (Italian), celebrations out in the Garden or a Park . Portable Christmas trees Same for New Years Eve.

The wife and I will gladly forego attending any celebrations over the festive period. We hate 'em!! LOL!!

I don't think any country will go back into serious lockdown again. It's probably impossible now, other than in totalitarian countries. Other than the countries who (so far) got almost completely on top of the virus from the start (due to geographic remoteness or past experience with these kind of virus), everywhere else is probably now implementing (or well on the way to implementing) the Swedish model, although no government would openly admit that.

After the pandemic is over, history will provide the data to help us decide whether adopting the Swedish model from the start (as opposed to morphing into it after an initial lockdown) might have led to a better overall outcome (i.e., a similar health outcome but a better economic outcome). The judgement is important, because future pandemics seem likely.

I don't think any country will go back into serious lockdown again. It's probably impossible now, other than in totalitarian countries. Other than the countries who (so far) got almost completely on top of the virus from the start (due to geographic remoteness or past experience with these kind of virus), everywhere else is probably now implementing (or well on the way to implementing) the Swedish model, although no government would openly admit that.

After the pandemic is over, history will provide the data to help us decide whether adopting the Swedish model from the start (as opposed to morphing into it after an initial lockdown) might have led to a better overall outcome (i.e., a similar health outcome but a better economic outcome). The judgement is important, because future pandemics seem likely.
The world should have stayed open. People should have protected themselves as best they could and the show should have gone on.

Another Valid reason ..!! Las Parrillas..

Today watched on TV an interview with the Owner of the Parrilla Santa Carne in Paris zona Bastille..!
Bife de Chorizo 300 grs .. Euros 30...! aprox. $5000 Argentinain Pesos (Euro blue $165?)

Reserve for Don Julio..

1602004771591.png

The world should have stayed open. People should have protected themselves as best they could and the show should have gone on.
I agree.
Nothing has changed since March, except maybe doctors have learned how to treat patients better and to increase their chances of survival,
No one has yet tallied up the cost of lockdown, not only financial but the cost to children missing a year of learning and social development, the mental cost to people losing their savings, etc.

Back