Why Argentina over other countries?

I sure dont remember 25 euro milanesas during 2016 thru 2018- it was still much cheaper than Seattle during those years, although, sure, I have seen

I can't see that Settle is any sort of measure. It's a very expensive, not especially large (under 800,000 I believe) city with little history and very limited cultural life. Can't even remotely compare to BA.
Since I live in both the Seattle area and Buenos Aires its a comparison that makes perfect sense to me. I suppose it I lived in Melbourne or Paris, I would be comparing it to there.

I can't see that Settle is any sort of measure. It's a very expensive, not especially large (under 800,000 I believe) city with little history and very limited cultural life. Can't even remotely compare to BA

it doesn't make much sense to judge American cities by their proper population because it's usually just a patchwork of adjacent towns.
Seattle metropolitan area is home to several millions people and headquarters for great number of great companies including Amazon, Microsoft, Costco, Expedia, F5 Networks etc.

BA can't even remotely compare to Seattle.

it doesn't make much sense to judge American cities by their proper population because it's usually just a patchwork of adjacent towns.
Seattle metropolitan area is home to several millions people and headquarters for great number of great companies including Amazon, Microsoft, Costco, Expedia, F5 Networks etc.

BA can't even remotely compare to Seattle.

That's ridiculous. The populations of major US cities exceed 1,000,000 NOT including the metro areas which add millions more. Yes, Seattle has some major tech companies but lacks history and has very little cultural life.

Since I live in both the Seattle area and Buenos Aires its a comparison that makes perfect sense to me. I suppose it I lived in Melbourne or Paris, I would be comparing it to there.

Well that makes sense. And you are right that Seattle is very expensive. I guess because there are major tech companies that pay high salaries.

Why Argentina?

Almustafa, the chosen and the beloved, who was a dawn unto his own day, had waited twelve years in the city of Orphalese for his ship that was to return and bear him back to the isle of his birth. And in the twelfth year, on the seventh day of Ielool, the month of reaping, he climbed the hill without the city walls and looked seaward; and he beheld his ship coming with the mist. Then the gates of his heart were flung open, and his joy flew far over the sea. And he closed his eyes and prayed in the silences of his soul.

from The Prophet
by Kahlil Gibran

Yes, Seattle has some major tech companies but lacks history and has very little cultural life.

But it has an awesome natural setting. Beautiful scenery, pristine woods, lovely islands, and Mount Rainier in the background more than make up for the lack of history and the sparse cultural life.

But to each his own.

Why Argentina?

Almustafa, the chosen and the beloved, who was a dawn unto his own day, had waited twelve years in the city of Orphalese for his ship that was to return and bear him back to the isle of his birth. And in the twelfth year, on the seventh day of Ielool, the month of reaping, he climbed the hill without the city walls and looked seaward; and he beheld his ship coming with the mist. Then the gates of his heart were flung open, and his joy flew far over the sea. And he closed his eyes and prayed in the silences of his soul.

from The Prophet
by Kahlil Gibran

There may be many interpretations..!
One may be after 12 years in BA you close your eyes and roll over..! LOL

There may be many interpretations..!
One may be after 12 years in BA you close your eyes and roll over..! LOL

It's probably just because we are nearing the end of the year, and that's always a time of annual reflection and self-evaluation for me, but I have been feeling the pain of my long exile here the last week or so. I couldn't afford to live in the USA anymore; I'd be homeless if I was there now, (absit omen), but I still miss some things terribly from time to time. Fish tacos, for example. And going out for huevos rancheros on Sunday morning. Fresh corn tortillas. Trader Joe's. Standing up high at Presidio Park, near the statue of father Junipero Serra, and looking out over the bay with that fresh, crisp ocean breeze in my face.

Ah, whatever, the place has probably changed so much I wouldn't recognise it. Nostalgia is a waste of time.

Why Argentina?

from The Prophet
by Kahlil Gibran
Otro descendido de los barcos? :cool:

Back