Why Do Local Credit/debit Cards Give Huge Discount

Interesting. I always assumed those promotions of stores and restaurants were partially at the behest of the government so income would be registered and they couldn't hide it through cash transactions.

It is crap in some way for those with cash and no argentine credit/debit card. I don't get any discounts paying in cash at the supermarket or for any items at a place like garbarino/fravega etc... The only way the majority can afford new TV's etc is by paying in 1 or 2 years interest free... Even shoes get paid in bills... Sad in some way but that is the state of the system.

It is crap in some way for those with cash and no argentine credit/debit card. I don't get any discounts paying in cash at the supermarket or for any items at a place like garbarino/fravega etc...

Before I had local credit/debit cards I managed to negotiate discounts at both Garbarino and Fravega with cash payment. Never tried to buy a TV here, though (they cost half in Chile so why bother). But for things like kitchen stove, fridge etc. I usually managed to get a discount in the 10-15% range without any problems. Just go to Fravega and tell the sales guy that they offered you a 10% discount in Garbarino and vice versa.

Its a way for AFIp to crack down on big spenders.

first put the goat for the lion..and then put the net on the lion as it approches the goat..

Back