Why I Gave Up My American Passport (Fatca)

I would never give up my British passport.
Just look how difficult it is to get one in the first place, from previous forum threads.

I thought that would be treason to the Queen or something, punishable to hanging in the town square?

If you're looking for a reason for one might NOT give up their British citizenship, here's as good of a reason as any:

http://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/access-almost-all-areas-the-british-passport-is-no1-for-visafree-travel-8854369.html

Or be sent to Bradford.

Bradford is that bad?? may be you should kill all south asians and bomb them if you hate them soo much... and next time you go there don't paint your face brown and eat curry there... Pathetic racist...

Bradford is that bad?? may be you should kill all south asians and bomb them if you hate them soo much... and next time you go there don't paint your face brown and eat curry there... Pathetic racist...

Hang on a minute here, Bradford is not a nice city. It's a dump, a kip, an unpleasant town with a poverty and unemployment problem. It hasn't adapted well to the 21st century unfortunately.

It has nothing to do with the ethnicity of the population, the colour of their skin or what they like to eat for breakfast. It is not OK to call someone a pathetic racist because they don't like a particular town.

If I might add, the only redeeming feature Bradford has are the curries, and it's proximity to Leeds, which is much nicer.

You owe an apology here.

Hang on a minute here, Bradford is not a nice city. It's a dump, a kip, an unpleasant town with a poverty and unemployment problem. It hasn't adapted well to the 21st century unfortunately.

It has nothing to do with the ethnicity of the population, the colour of their skin or what they like to eat for breakfast. It is not OK to call someone a pathetic racist because they don't like a particular town.

If I might add, the only redeeming feature Bradford has are the curries, and it's proximity to Leeds, which is much nicer.

You owe an apology here.

WoW so Brad ford is the worst place in England there is none??? that comment was totally directed towards the racial residents living there. Bradford is bad because Pakistanis, Indians, and Bangladeshis living there.
I don't want you guyz to like or dislike someone or place, but liking and disliking a person or a place just because of ethnicity it is racism.
Brad ford can be bad, one of worst place to live (even though Hull or Middlesbrough are much worse) but to bring up here in this thread irrelevantly goes to show that this was racial comment directed towards certain ethnicity.

I am not going to apologize neither I am looking for one, because once a racist is always a racist no matter what I will say or do a person with racist mind will always be racist.

WoW so Brad ford is the worst place in England there is none??? that comment was totally directed towards the racial residents living there. Bradford is bad because Pakistanis, Indians, and Bangladeshis living there.
I don't want you guyz to like or dislike someone or place, but liking and disliking a person or a place just because of ethnicity it is racism.
Brad ford can be bad, one of worst place to live (even though Hull or Middlesbrough are much worse) but to bring up here in this thread irrelevantly goes to show that this was racial comment directed towards certain ethnicity.

I am not going to apologize neither I am looking for one, because once a racist is always a racist no matter what I will say or do a person with racist mind will always be racist.

That is a horrible attitude you have, no one mentioned the ethnicity of Bradford as a reason to dislike it. You are jumping the gun and making some very unpleasant allegations without any foundations, which in my book is very unfair and disrepectful.

Bradford is (according to the 2011 census) 69% white. Perhaps Gringoboy hates the white people who live in Bradford?

You will also note that I said the only positive aspect of Bradford are the curries. So, out of all the posts the only reference to ethnicity, in the form of food, was a positive comment.

Also, no one mentioned Bradford as the worst place in England, again, only you did that.

That is a horrible attitude you have, no one mentioned the ethnicity of Bradford as a reason to dislike it. You are jumping the gun and making some very unpleasant allegations without any foundations, which in my book is very unfair and disrepectful.

Bradford is (according to the 2011 census) 69% white. Perhaps Gringoboy hates the white people who live in Bradford?

You will also note that I said the only positive aspect of Bradford are the curries. So, out of all the posts the only reference to ethnicity, in the form of food, was a positive comment.

Also, no one mentioned Bradford as the worst place in England, again, only you did that.

You have to read Gringoboy's comment in the context, he was labeling living in Bradford is worse than death, if this is not calling it bad then what it is, go and please do some reasearch which are the worst cities crime wise and poverty wise to live in England. But I know since you people have already made up your mind what is bad and what is good, so no point arguing.

As I said no apologizing, and I don't want to drag this arguing long this is not the time and place.

You have to read Gringoboy's comment in the context, he was labeling living in Bradford is worse than death, if this is not calling it bad then what it is, go and please do some reasearch which are the worst cities crime wise and poverty wise to live in England. But I know since you people have already made up your mind what is bad and what is good, so no point arguing.

As I said no apologizing, and I don't want to drag this arguing long this is not the time and place.

OK, I see you've given up calling people racists, which is good.

Back