Why I Gave Up My American Passport (Fatca)

But wouldn't the baby have to be registered in the country to avoid deportation? Like could one of my kids come here across a border (illegally) with a couple little ones and not be deported because they have kids? And if they register them here, then could they go into, say, Bolivia and never be deported as long as they wanted to stay if they took a couple of kids along? Once they register in a country, then they are no longer free roaming, isn't that right? But of course maybe they are not trying to be that free. We were told by Chileans that they do that. I've never seen Gypsies that I know of here--or if so they acted like normal people. In Chile they dress differently with long, full skirts and . . . well . . . just different.

Well, sure, they dress different, so?

Since this is a passport thread...I want to thank Dr. Rubilar (Bajo_cero) for helping me get my passport here in Argentina just 2 days ago..... thank you

It opens up some options for my future here ..thank you for all your hard work..

thank you again... cheers :D

Bajo, the point is not how they dress. the point I made is I don't know if the same situation exists in Argentina since I don't see people here dressed the same and there is no other way to identify them except how they dress. So it's a pretty important point. I'm surprised that's so hard to understand but I will try to make it more clear but I'm not sure I know how.

If I said they were military men because they were wearing military uniforms and I don't see that uniform here, would you say, Well sure they dress differently, so? I tell you Bajo, if you did I'd be scratching my head.

My point is that in chile it is said that they do not register in any country so they can be in any country without being deported and that I don't see people here in Argentina that wear the "uniform" that the Gypsies in northern Chile wear so I have no way of knowing if that is true in Argentina. I was only trying to contribute some possible other information about how some people handle citizenship. It seemed related since it is just a further step from my friend in Paraguay who recently made himself stateless. Only with Glen it is a matter of record where he was born. From what I heard, Gypsies try to avoid even that.

But I'm sorry I brought it up if it's really that hard to understand. I just thought it was interesting.

I don't know why certain people have a problem with me saying I don't like a certain town or city.
Maybe you need to be British to understand why we make comments and jokes about Bradford and other similar places.
And lets not escape the fact that Britain has become one of the most ethnically diverse countries in the world, for good or bad, depending on your point of view.
And we are all entitled to a point of view; but to immediately tar someone with the brush of racism for not liking a certain town is a little reactionary to say the very least.
As far back as I can remember, if you said you were travelling to Bradford, people would ask 'Have you got your passport handy?'
Of course then, it was it was passed off as a joke.
Today you'd be prosecuted.

If we need a city to dislike, I'll nominate Las Vegas, the Tastelessness Capital of the Americas.

Bajo, the point is not how they dress. the point I made is I don't know if the same situation exists in Argentina since I don't see people here dressed the same and there is no other way to identify them except how they dress. So it's a pretty important point. I'm surprised that's so hard to understand but I will try to make it more clear but I'm not sure I know how.

If I said they were military men because they were wearing military uniforms and I don't see that uniform here, would you say, Well sure they dress differently, so? I tell you Bajo, if you did I'd be scratching my head.

My point is that in chile it is said that they do not register in any country so they can be in any country without being deported and that I don't see people here in Argentina that wear the "uniform" that the Gypsies in northern Chile wear so I have no way of knowing if that is true in Argentina. I was only trying to contribute some possible other information about how some people handle citizenship. It seemed related since it is just a further step from my friend in Paraguay who recently made himself stateless. Only with Glen it is a matter of record where he was born. From what I heard, Gypsies try to avoid even that.

But I'm sorry I brought it up if it's really that hard to understand. I just thought it was interesting.

It makes no sense for me because there is not such a thing as the deportation of a national. That's why, precisely, Hitler first took away citizenship to judish before starting the fake deportation to Madagascar that nowadays we know it was a genocide.

Stateless are forbidden and I already posted the international law that rules the protection for Stateless.

Regarding gipsies, they do dress with their traditional clothes here too, but they probably don t live at Palermo Holliwood. At Lugano or Lomas de Zamora you can probably see them.

There is a wide gipsy community in Chile but perhaps you mean the new gipsies that immigrated from Rumania in the 90'. They were here but they left after the 2001 crisis.

However, poor quality advice on immigration matter is common. So, who knows if they do it or not?

I don’t live in Buenos Aires, but I am part of the US expat community. Robert Stack, the Deputy Assistant Secretary for International Tax Affairs at the U.S. Department of the Treasury, claims that it’s a myth that US citizens are renouncing US citizenship due to FATCA. http://www.treasury....h-vs-FATCA.aspx

The Isaac Brock Society in Canada will stage it’s second anti-FATCA protest in Ottawa, Canada on October 16, in conjunction with the “WE-ARE-NOT-A-MYTH” campaign in reaction to Mr Stack’s claim, http://we-are-not-a-myth.tumblr.com. I encourage you to add your photo and message if you too have been thrown under the FATCA bus!

Sir Isaac Brock, British major general named “The Hero of Upper Canada” helped defeat American invasion efforts in the War of 1812 and serves are our inspiration in defending the world against the US’s extraterritorial overreach through FATCA and citizenship based taxation.

www.isaacbrocksociety.ca

Back