Why is everybody complaining?

I have no idea how to respond to a lot of these replies. There are lots of personal attacks. This wasn't even its own post. A mod moved my reply on a thread to its own post under my name.

At this time I say we respectfully choose to agree to disagree.

Did the mod make up the subject line "Why is everybody complaining?"

Yes. I didn't have a subject. It was a reply to another post. To be fair, I did say "I see lots of complaints", but IMHO that is a lot "softer" in tone than "Why is everybody complaining?"

EDIT: Can I also say for the third time that I am only advocating being more centrist in opinion? I'm not saying Argentina is the best country in the world. I'm not saying it sucks. I'm just saying there is good in bad and bad in good and it's in poor taste to rant about a country you chose to live in. For more info, see my nickname.

In all fairness, 95% of internet forum threads consist of bitching, moaning and ad hominem attacks. This forum is not particularly unique.

In fact, there are spin-offs of this forum made up of expats who got tired of the complaining and uncivil discourse n BAexpats. Yet, those forums never gain traction because crazy rants and arguments are more interesting than "where do I buy peanut butter" threads. We all love a bit of drama!

It's also easy to see how some posters might have found your post a bit preachy and not centrist all. Phrases like "blame American capitalism" and "I'm ashamed to identify as American" are emotionally charged and WILL get a rise out of some people. And then telling people to "please be more open minded" just throws gas on the fire. I imagine you didn't intend for that effect, but remember: this is the internet and all we see are words written on a page.

That said, there are umpteen number of good things about Argentina. But FAR down that list is doing business here. You're in for a real treat.

Suerte!

In all fairness, 95% of internet forum threads consist of bitching, moaning and ad hominem attacks. This forum is not particularly unique.
Agreed.

In fact, there are spin-offs of this forum made up of expats who got tired of the complaining and uncivil discourse n BAexpats. Yet, those forums never gain traction because crazy rants and arguments are more interesting than "where do I buy peanut butter" threads. We all love a bit of drama!
Also agreed. I guess that's why we have a pumpkin for a president and instagram is a job.

It's also easy to see how some posters might have found your post a bit preachy and not centrist all. Phrases like "blame American capitalism" and "I'm ashamed to identify as American" are emotionally charged and WILL get a rise out of some people. And then telling people to "please be more open minded" just throws gas on the fire. I imagine you didn't intend for that effect, but remember: this is the internet and all we see are words written on a page.

Fair.

How long have been in Argentina and how much do you know about inner workings of Argentina? Citygirl nailed it in here post. I talked with a close young Argentinian friend when Kism got back in the loop. He was crying because he knew all his hard work was now in a place where he could lose it all in a snap. That is the stark reality of Argentina I have seen one to many loose everything as the Cara Duras politics make a prosperous life based on diligence and business all but impossible. Your far better to squaller in poverty in Argentina you won't have the headaches of trying to make something out of yourself or your life.

I am not complaining FYI I am speaking facts and I left I have no appitite for what Kism could bring about.

To complain about life in Argentina or USA or whatever country one lives in is a democratic right and allows one to vent their frustations about daily life .Sure our countries have terrible injustices as well but now we are living in Argentina and for this reason we have the right to complain and express our daily frustations about life here . If you do not like a thread on any forum there is no obligation for you to read it I say to the original poster . Express your human right to read only what you wish to read and allow others their freedom of expression ! .

OP - If an Argentine was living in the United States and complaining about the US war in Afghanistan, the treatment of immigrants on the border, Donald Trump, Instagram influencers, the DMV or shitty fast food would you say that is in poor taste?

From what I've seen, many expats in this forum moved here attracted by dirt-cheap prices, and enjoyed the easy times. Now that BA got so expensive they feel cheated, and criticize the host country. Just my two cents worth.....
That is an honest insight.
Complainers demand first-class perfection at dirt-cheap prices.
They don´t want to pay for what they´re demanding.

Last edited:
That said, there are umpteen number of good things about Argentina. But FAR down that list is doing business here. You're in for a real treat.

What are the best things about Argentina now?

Back