Why is everybody complaining?

Is that really the case though? Argentina was rarely cheap for people earning pesos. If you earn dollars, then it remains (relatively) cheap. I rent a 3 bedroom apartment in a building that's less than 5 years old for less than $400, including my own parking space. Around $450 if you throw in expenses which include 24 hour security. My electric bill costs around $30 a month and my gas around $10. So I am living here for $500 a month.

To get that in any other major city and even regional cities in the UK (where I am from) would be impossible. Argentina is expensive now?

If you came here because it was cheap and your economy was tied to the peso, you made a bad decision from the start.

Exactly.
After living on $500 Dollars a month, what is the complaint?
You´re not getting first-class economy? first_class business? ....... Doesn´t one need to pay for that if one wanted it?
Isn´t it a fantasy to expect first-class economy on a $500 budget?

Last edited:
That said, there are umpteen number of good things about Argentina. But FAR down that list is doing business here. You're in for a real treat.

What are the best things about Argentina now?

Meat, Wine, Friends, etc those aspects of Argentina as I see it. Not necessarily in that order.

Exactly.
After living on $500 Dollars a month, what more does one complain about?
First-class economy? First_class business? .......
So, maybe Argentina is like a Chinese knock off.

I play guitar and know with my Fender US Custom I have a high quality instrument. I paid for what I got. The fake Fender I bought from China looks good but plays like crap. So, I also paid for what I got and accept that. Maybe you're right, we should all accept the failings here because we know what we are getting is a rip off of a better product.

Still, doesn't explain that it's 38 grados today and just too hot. Can I complain about that?

It´s a free world. Of course, complain.
No one else´s fault that you chose not to pay for what you want.
Complain 38 grados. But if you´ve got what it takes to be cruising on a luxury yacht you wouldn´t even care ....... you get what you pay for, explains everything.

Last edited:
After living on $500 Dollars a month, what is the complaint?
You´re not getting first-class economy? first_class business? ....... Doesn´t one need to pay for that if one wanted it?

This logic is backwards. It's not that we are getting what we pay for.
Rent prices are so low because an average Argentine person has low income if converted to USD or Euro,
thus not able to create sufficient effective demand on rental market.

The reason why their income is low is that at the end of the day conversion rates are determined by exports -- what Argentina is able to offer to the world. And Argentina is not competitive on the world markets due to many of the things people are complaining about.

It is not a mystery.
Of course you are. You´ll never get first-class economy and competent government on a $500 budget. Fantasy.
Believe me, you´ll never get a helicopter pad on your roof on $500 budget.
Good economy and competent government cost a lot more than that.

There is a lot of excellent economies out there, and first-class governments, with exceptional business there if you can afford it.

Last edited:
Is that really the case though? Argentina was rarely cheap for people earning pesos. If you earn dollars, then it remains (relatively) cheap. I rent a 3 bedroom apartment in a building that's less than 5 years old for less than $400, including my own parking space. Around $450 if you throw in expenses which include 24 hour security. My electric bill costs around $30 a month and my gas around $10. So I am living here for $500 a month.

To get that in any other major city and even regional cities in the UK (where I am from) would be impossible. Argentina is expensive now?

If you came here because it was cheap and your economy was tied to the peso, you made a bad decision from the start.
Dang the place I'm looking at in neuquen is 2500/mo with three rooms. Anything less than that seems to be pretty crappy quality.

Sorry, can´t milk a stone.
Not recognizing that "You get what you pay for" is a fantasy.

You´ll never get first-class economy and competent government on a $500 budget.

again, you are swapping root cause and corollary.
We are paying $500 BECAUSE it is shithole.
It is shithole NOT because we are paying $500.

Back