Wierd Buenos Aires

Are you crazy or just out to lunch. I didn't start this thread and further....find something inacurate in those 3 lines. There is a plenora of interesting thing to do here. Going to Boca stadium is not one of them.
So why didn't you write about one or more about those interesting things to do in BsAs instead?

Are you crazy or just out to lunch. I didn't start this thread and further....find something inacurate in those 3 lines. There is a plenora of interesting thing to do here. Going to Boca stadium is not one of them.

Interesting things...as opposed to suicidal things.

1. Take a taxi ride through the Palermo parks near the golf club after dark.
2. Go for breakfast at the Alvear on the back of an all night outer.
3. Go to a Buenos Aires caberet (like Bill Clinton and Nestor did).
4. Put on a suit, get a cut-throat razor shave, go to the horse track, bet and drink brandy.
5. Charter a yacht for the afternoon and sail from Puerto Madero up to Tigre.
6. Go to a peña (like Lo de Roberto or something more folklore).
7. Charter a plane out to Martin Garcia island.
8. Take a train from Retiro to Palermo to take a gander at Villa 31 and the Palermo parks.
9. Go to an Argentine concert of an artist that you know and appreciate their enthusiasm here.
10. The mannequin street in Once.

I also second Tierra Santa, Palacio Barolo, some of the odder museums here (especially museo de las armas), Parque de la Cuidad, pizza tour, Bomba del Tiempo etc.

And outside of Buenos Aires, Epecuen, the salt lake ghost town.

So why didn't you write about one or more about those interesting things to do in BsAs instead?
Someone else wrote about soccer matches and I simply commented on the subject. The real topic here is "Wierd" and I will leave Wierd to your expertise.

Someone else wrote about soccer matches and I simply commented on the subject. The real topic here is "Wierd" and I will leave Wierd to your expertise.

I wonder if going to a football match is not interesting, why it is such a tourist attraction, why it turned so popular with tourists, that a big portion of the tickets are sold in tour agencies. Something that 10 years ago did not exist at all, theres the whole package of taking you to the match.

About the thread, I would add as an interesting thing walking down Avenida de Mayo, from Plaza de Mayo up to Congreso, there are tons of historical places and buildings, such as cafes and theatres, and Barolo and lots of spanish architecture, and crossing Nueve de Julio, etc, is a nice walk if you like architecture.

Check if this is still being offered. ''Club Silencio" held Friday nights: (Address given when you call or email): on Loyola (Garruchaga/Acevedo) 3-4 bl. south of Cordoba + 3 bl. West of Scalabrini. (Villa Crespo) Theatre and senses with Shed playing an instrument: blindfolded + lights + sounds. Inspired by David Lynch’s movie Mulholland Drive, Club Silencio was created by Israeli Argentinian musician Shoni Shed. Every Friday night at 11pm he puts on a performance in his apartment for 20 people. Cannot be late! Last 100 mins. Everyone is blindfolded on arrival in order to stimulate their other senses. After the performance, the crowd sticks around, drinks are served and a party evolves. Since space is limited, so you must make a reservation by calling +54 11 4775 7330 or emailing [email protected]. 20p in 2010]

-You could take them to La Plata by bus, get off in the centre and then give each of them a copy of a very good street map. Give them the coordinates of a street corner that's diagonal from where you're standing, not just straight down the street you're on. Appoint one of them to take the rest of you there. (All the streets in both directions in La Plata are on the diagonal.) If the person you appointed gets you to the designated corner, buy him a beer. If he fails, appoint the next and offer her the prize if she succeeds. And so on. Afterwards, first take the elevator to the top of the Cathedral and then down into the cellar to see the strange display of all the priests' robes commissioned and made as unique gifts for the Cathedral by individuals around the world, including people from the US (New Jersey if I recall.) If university students once you're back on the streets are playing a silly prank around town and ask you to participate, by all means do so.

I FORGOT BLIND THEATER AT OJOS CERRADOS IN RECOLETA/BARRIO NORTE!! IT'S MY FAVE!!! (HENCE THE CAPS)

I wonder if going to a football match is not interesting, why it is such a tourist attraction, why it turned so popular with tourists, that a big portion of the tickets are sold in tour agencies. Something that 10 years ago did not exist at all, theres the whole package of taking you to the match.

About the thread, I would add as an interesting thing walking down Avenida de Mayo, from Plaza de Mayo up to Congreso, there are tons of historical places and buildings, such as cafes and theatres, and Barolo and lots of spanish architecture, and crossing Nueve de Julio, etc, is a nice walk if you like architecture.
I repeat...for those who do not read. The subject here is WIERD , not interesting, not fun, not cool but WIERD.

I repeat...for those who do not read. The subject here is WIERD , not interesting, not fun, not cool but WIERD.

I know, I know, but you said it is not interesting, and I want to know, how can it be so popular with tourists if its not interesting.
And btw I think its wierd too, as a user said, it was a surreal experience, that might be weird.

Back