Wife really wants to go back to Argentina with kid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fiscal

Registered
We're currently stuck in Peru. Assuming she somehow could get a flight, when is the next time I'd be able to fly to Argentina as an American with no residency permit? Months? A year? Kiss my my marriage and child goodbye?

We're currently stuck in Peru. Assuming she somehow could get a flight, when is the next time I'd be able to fly to Argentina as an American with no residency permit? Months? A year? Kiss my my marriage and child goodbye?

It could be many years before you see them imho . I would do everything to stay with your family . I understand that it is very difficult situation especially if you are in a country that is not yours . Best of luck Fiscal .

We were going to return to Buenos Aires In August. Now we are in limbo as we don't know what to expect . How long does anybody think it will take for things to get to somewhat normal with the international airlines running again. We are in the USA now , I am a perm resident and my wife is from B.A. I am retiring so dont need to work and the exchange rate is still looking good for anyone who lives of the dollar. Yes I know we are crazy , but my wife is argentine and anybody that is married to one knows what that means

I'm sorry for your difficulty. And I agree that you should try to hold on to your family.
This crisis will pass.
Does your child have any citizenship status? If he/she is a citizen that would help you.
Best of luck.

Yes child is us and Argentinian citizen. Us government has weekly flights from Lima to Miami but wife doesn't want to go to us. She feels safer in Argentina and wants to be with her mom and dad.

Do I understand that you are a US citizen with an Argentine wife. You have no Argentine DNI, so could only enter Argentina as a tourist? You are stuck in Lima with your family due to being there on vacation? Do your wife and children have US Green Cards? If so, it would be better to return to the US for now. Do you have a home there?

Do I understand that you are a US citizen with an Argentine wife. You have no Argentine DNI, so could only enter Argentina as a tourist? You are stuck in Lima with your family due to being there on vacation? Do your wife and children have US Green Cards? If so, it would be better to return to the US for now. Do you have a home there?

I have no DNI. Wife is not a us citizen. Child is US and Argentinian citizen. I have no DNI un Argentina. We were in Lima on vacation when Peru suddenly shut everything down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back