Wife really wants to go back to Argentina with kid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Her parents called me today imploring me to "let her" get back on a flight to Argentina and return to their hometown, as if I've kidnapped her. I said hey we are fine here (in a super nice area of Lima on the cliffs with sweeping views of the Pacific) and they said it is better to be in one owns country during a crisis. I said well, we can always go to the United States and they screamed how it's unsafe there.

Sorry, if I sound rude..I would dump this woman.

Her parents called me today imploring me to "let her" get back on a flight to Argentina and return to their hometown, as if I've kidnapped her. I said hey we are fine here (in a super nice area of Lima on the cliffs with sweeping views of the Pacific) and they said it is better to be in one owns country during a crisis. I said well, we can always go to the United States and they screamed how it's unsafe there.
Hmmm. Very deja vu for me hearing your story. It seems you've made up your mind already from the previous post. I hope all the best.

Well, it sounds like you've decided. Not sure what's the issue now?

New York is the hotspot. There are loads of places in the US that have been little affected. You have said that you have NO future in Argentina and that you will eventually have to return to the US. Your wife is being unrealistic and unreasonable but that's the way she is and it seems you can't reason with her. You could be stuck in Peru for a year. Will she tolerate that?

I learned very quickly that in general Argentinians have a VERY close relationship with their family.. Ive seen someone I know have to deal with their partner going loca because of moving overseas and not being with their parents. IMO its both good and bad but as your wife her loyalty should lie with you and your child and what is in their best interests.

If your work is not an issue and you can earn a good income anywhere then let her get her way. However if it's going to effect it earnings and ability to look after your family she should go with you wherever is necessary.

I do however think it's extremely wrong she has no issues taking herself and the kid back to Argentina and effectively leaving you alone - that's not cool at all and highlights bigger issues in the relationship.

I called LATAM today and they said I could return to Argentina as the father of my child on one of their repatriation flights. Is that really true? Can I trust an airline rep?
I told you before. Your son entitles you, not legal residency.

I think Argentina is doing a better job of managing and controlling the spread of the virus so far, but California is also doing a pretty good job and is heading into summer, rather than winter/virus season. Yes, LA is a bit of a hot spot in the state, but the Governor of CA is way more on top of it than Trump, and the economic power of CA gives him a lot of power to access supplies, tests, technology and personnel. Sorry, no offense to Argentina, but if the virus goes really out of control, I would rather have access to the health resources and infrastructure of California.

Sorry, no offense to Argentina, but if the virus goes really out of control, I would rather have access to the health resources and infrastructure of California.
Sorry, no offense to California, but if the virus goes really out of control, I would rather have access to the health resources and infrastructure of Argentina.

Sorry, no offense to California, but if the virus goes really out of control, I would rather have access to the health resources and infrastructure of Argentina.
Lol. Based on my experience here I disagree with you. The level of care I received was amateur at best and this is after avoiding 40+ people waiting to see a doctor. I'm not saying this to offend people but if I got very sick I would be on the first plane out of here. To many experiences and stories for me to have trust in the system.

There is a lack of equipment, overworked doctors/nurses and lack of medicine. The system is also not well funded at all and extremely old and outdated. This is a good example of you get what you pay for.

California has remote testing sites where you can drive through with your car, easy.. the day Argentina had that I'll cry lol.. they can't even get any rapid test kits here because most are made in the good old USA, like ventilators etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back