Wife really wants to go back to Argentina with kid

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem are not only the human resources, neither the ventilators, it is a problem of ideology.
In Argentina the health is a right and it is for free while in the US is a business, and it is super expensive.
Argentina has less cases than the US because they, because of ideology, gave priority to the economy while Argentina gave priority to health.
Meanwhile Trump is blaming to China and boycotting quarantine; Argentina is receiving 2 flights per week of medical supplies from China including full protective suits, 1500 ventilators, N95 and a robotized machine for produce local 2.000.000 per month N95:
The first airplane was a donation because Argentina during Perón´s Presidency donated food to China when they were starving.
In the US rights are related to citizenship while in Argentina are related to be a human beings.
It is not true Hospitals are now running at full capacity, this is why everything else was cancelled. Now hospitals are for Coronavirus.
We are not lacking beds, neither ventilators.
So, the bid difference between Argentina and the US is ideological. It is better to be here now and in the close future. Remember that the Spanish flu killed 3 million in the first wave and between 50 up to 100 million in the second.

One of your best posts, Bajo. very well written.

One of your best posts, Bajo. very well written.

Well written but lets be clear on this part

....The first airplane was a donation because Argentina during Perón´s Presidency donated food to China when they were starving....

Donate/donation = mostly to garner favour in the game of politics. Not purely humanitarian reasons.

Lol at Bajo.... His best post? Sorry to say but trying to take a shit on America is ridiculous when pretty much every economic indicator from poverty levels, life expectancy, quality of life, income suggests that USA is performing significantly better. There is a reason the most talented Argentines are first on a plane to work and study overseas. I love some parts of Argentina (it has lots of beauty and most of the people are loving and welcoming) but this idea that it is a beacon for peronism and free health care is flawed and wrong. Things are NOT fine here on any level. The economy is in the toilet, hospitals are under funded and don't have the basics, doctors are overworked and underpaid just to start.

For a country (USA) that apparently doesn't care about health they are doing pretty well, tell me what vaccines and tests is Argentina developing to deal with Covid? Tell me about all the ventilators Argentina is manufacturing to protect their people? Tell me all the n95 masks Argentina is producing? I can tell you the USA is producing both locally.

I'm not a big fan of the USA, they are in no way perfect but this movement of people like Bajo who try to shit all over them is ridiculous when compared to their own situations. Why doesn't Bajo tell us why he wants USD payments instead of his beloved Argentine peso? BTW I'm not even American but can't let bullshit like his post slide. He should look in the mirror and see the hypocrisy of his ideas.

You are mixing the care/experience of patients with and without insurance. I have heard descriptions of US health care from people outside the US. It's always inaccurate. In the US, people without insurance and possibly with second rate insurance wait in emergency rooms, but that's not normal for people with typical medical insurance. Of course it would depend on the quality, which would depend on the cost. I have had medical insurance in the US through employment for several decades and have had excellent care for injuries and for natural needs with advanced medical equipment always in modern, clean spaces and never waited for long for anything, ever. It focuses on preventative medicine with paid for annual checkups that are very thorough including more tests if something is flagged. It's incredibly impressive. The care givers are meticulous and concerned as most human beings are. When I'm in foreign countries, I give hospitals a credit card and submit the bills to my US insurance and they usually pay for 90% or more. I'm not wealthy. This is normal for tens of millions of American working people and their families. The employer pays a significant share of the insurance cost, usually more than half and the employee pays the rest, typically around 1/3. We consider it a bargain. The employment based insurance is an efficient system that provides incentive both to employers and employees (another long discussion/argument). About it being a business "in the US". A private hospital is a business whether it's in the US or Argentina. Doctors both in community hospitals and in private practice normally never discuss the business end, referring you to administrators, because they are so busy and focused they just don't have the time. It's not their specialty.

Sorry, I am not mixing anything. That was my own experience in the emergency room of a hospital in a wealthy Washington, DC, suburb. And I had top-rate medical insurance.

This hospital billed me TEN dollars for a single band aid, when a box of twenty sold at a nearby RiteAid for US$ 1.98. That was retail, while hospital get special wholesale prices. With such predatory pricing it is no wonder US medical insurance rates outpace inflation.

Lol at Bajo.... His best post? Sorry to say but trying to take a shit on America is ridiculous when pretty much every economic indicator from poverty levels, life expectancy, quality of life, income suggests that USA is performing significantly better. There is a reason the most talented Argentines are first on a plane to work and study overseas. I love some parts of Argentina (it has lots of beauty and most of the people are loving and welcoming) but this idea that it is a beacon for peronism and free health care is flawed and wrong. Things are NOT fine here on any level. The economy is in the toilet, hospitals are under funded and don't have the basics, doctors are overworked and underpaid just to start.

For a country (USA) that apparently doesn't care about health they are doing pretty well, tell me what vaccines and tests is Argentina developing to deal with Covid? Tell me about all the ventilators Argentina is manufacturing to protect their people? Tell me all the n95 masks Argentina is producing? I can tell you the USA is producing both locally.

I'm not a big fan of the USA, they are in no way perfect but this movement of people like Bajo who try to shit all over them is ridiculous when compared to their own situations. Why doesn't Bajo tell us why he wants USD payments instead of his beloved Argentine peso? BTW I'm not even American but can't let bullshit like his post slide. He should look in the mirror and see the hypocrisy of his ideas.

Your reply begins with the phrasal "economic indicator" showing you didn't understand my post. The US is performing so bad because Trump gave priority to the economy instead of health because for the second you need to shut down the economy, something easier, perhaps, for Argentina because we are always in bankruptcy, so, please tells us something new.

FYI to compare both countries or even to criticize Trump is not "to take a shit on [Noth]America" unless you admit he [is a King and] has absolute power as he publicly asserts.

The only ridiculous fact is Argentina doing better than the Unites Stated in this Pandemic and this is because of leadership. Trump supports the protesters against the quarantine. There is one politician (a governor I think) who asserted that to quarantine was communist.

Among the indicators you quoted, you forgot to mention that today the United States is first in the worldwide ranking in deaths and infected people and this is undeniable.

FYI, being an undeveloped country, Argentina has 2 factories of ventilators that are working 24/7 because the President ordered 1500 extra ventilators while another 1500 are coming from China.

Scientist al around the world are working in finding solutions. This is not a matter of racial Supremacy.

There were presented over 900 scientist projects against Coronavirus including fast tests:

Most of these project use technology they already developed adapting it to Coronavirus. The rapid tests are adaptations of dengue tests for example.

There are 2 that are interesting that I know. One of them is with a vet drug that is cheap, reliable and does not pay royalties. At CONICET they were investigating it for 40 years and they already achieve the permissions to use it in humans that takes 15 years. As you might read in newspapers, in Australia they achieved to eliminate the virus in 48 hours in vitro but they are 15 years behind CONICET that only needs to find the proper doze in humans and test if it works or not:

The other project I know very closely is regarding sea urchins because my sister made the research. They are working with a molecule that is a super strong anti oxidant and it also works against virus. It is patented and approved to use in humans. The first tests exceeded the expectations and the next step is the in nitro testing but they are waiting until the government approval of the funds that is going to be decided in the next week. This is not a vaccine, it is a treatment to cure Covid-19.

So, I suggest you sign this:IMG_8502.jpeg

A local version of this:
IMG_8504.jpeg

Last edited:
And I had top-rate medical insurance. This hospital billed me TEN dollars for a single band aid,
If you had the "top-rate medical insurance", how could you have been billed for a band aid unless you purchased your insurance plan in the back of a comic book. In the US when you have medical insurance, secretarial personnel in the records, financial departments in the hospital submit your bill to the insurance companies - you don't even see it when you have top rated insurance because everything is paid for at rates insurance companies "allow" which are discounted far below prediscounted costs. I have heard these stories about $10 dollar bandaids and aspirin. They are from tabloids and repeated bar fly gossip and none of these things you claim happened to you if actually had "top rated insurance".

BCG is the key to avoid the COVID-19
Really? You're hanging your hat on a tabloid that claimes this tuberculosis treatment is the answer to covid? This tabloid article is a joke, blaming the US with comparisons of new, still developing statistics (you couldn't be any more unscientific). The virus's damage has barely begun and is just beginning in most countries. We have no idea how long this will continue, if it will worsen or subside. This kind of quackery is not allowed in the US because it requires verification. That includes research - extensive studies, not repeated claims of anecdotal results. The US has and is looking at this and other possibilities as well. Including malaria treatments and many have been found to not be effective. Many universities and research institutes are engaged in this now. And when there is a vaccine, it will probably come from the US, but we know you will decline the vaccine because it is from the US. Right?

If you had the "top-rate medical insurance", how could you have been billed for a band aid unless you purchased your insurance plan in the back of a comic book. In the US when you have medical insurance, secretarial personnel in the records, financial departments in the hospital submit your bill to the insurance companies - you don't even see it when you have top rated insurance because everything is paid for at rates insurance companies "allow" which are discounted far below prediscounted costs. I have heard these stories about $10 dollar bandaids and aspirin. They are from tabloids and repeated bar fly gossip and none of these things you claim happened to you if actually had "top rated insurance".
Your are as ignorant as you are insulting. Obviously, you don'tt know much about USA medical insurance plans.

Not that is any of your business, but my top-notch AETNA insurance - International Monetary Fund Group policy - covered 80% of charges until a yearly copayment of $500 was satisfied. I had to pay that, and was billed for the famous band-aid. I challenged the charge with the hospital administration - Fairfax INOVA - to no avail.

Seems this virus thing is getting on your nerves - better go kick a wall, instead of venting your frustrations in this board. Have a good day.....!

Yes, that was on the original hospital bill. Look closer in the AETNA "Explanation of Benefits" in response to the hospital bill. You will see several columns of hospital charges, allowable charges, what AETNA paid, and what you are obligated to pay. AETNA did not pay $10 for a bandaid, nor did you.

Look closer in the AETNA "Explanation of Benefits" in response to the hospital bill. You will see several columns of charges and allowable charges. AETNA did not pay $10 for a bandaid, nor did you.

Sorry if it pains you, but I did get the bill, and I did pay the ten dollars. I even went to the local RiteAid, got a box of Band-Aids and mailed the hospital the sales check as proof. After several back and forth letters, the hospital still refused to adjust the charge.

You may be the kind of person who listens to "bar fly gossip" and reads "the tabloids", but I keep better company and only read the Washington Post, the New York Times, and the LA Times.

I wish you a good day.....! Complete with your daily dose of bar-fly gossip and tabloid news.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back