Wild Cat In Back Yard

It can't get out, let my dog chase it for a while but am not sure if it has rabies or not and don't want to risk him getting hurt. We managed to corner it and I gave it a can of raid cochroach spray point blank but it didn't appear to do anything.

Don't let your dog chase feral cats. You're lucky you don't have a one-eyed dog.

Finally something according to a thinker...

I can handle cats but corrupt Argentinos well you know all about that. Corrupt Argentinos can drive nations into the dirt better than a war. And take along with them all the dreams and aspirations of excellent men worthy of great futures. Do not break my B$)LS Bejo your out of your league.

It can't get out, let my dog chase it for a while but am not sure if it has rabies or not and don't want to risk him getting hurt. We managed to corner it and I gave it a can of raid cochroach spray point blank but it didn't appear to do anything.

Is there a animal control here I could call? I tried sticking a coat hanger in an extension cord tied to the end of a broomstick but couldn't manage to touch it and ended up tripping the breaker. Any ideas on how to get rid of it? I don't want to get too close in case it is rabid. I've been blasting it with the hose for the last couple of hours but it doesn't seem to be doing anything

Are you a psychopath?

Are you a psychopath?

Not that I'm aware of. I don't want to torture the damn thing just want to get rid of it or kill it without exposing myself to rabies or any other nasty diseases it might have. I hoped it might go away last night but sure enough this morning it was still there.

I checked mercadolibre they have some fox traps http://articulo.merc...ima-calidad-_JM if it's still here this evening I'll have to see about ordering on. Foxes are about the same size as cats right? $130 pesos seems like a lot of money to spend on a cat though.

Then talk to your neighbors make sure it is wild first. If it is not one of your neighbors cats put a latter or something up against the wall the cat can use to get out. Stay calm it is just a cat.

Love the idea. I'll give it a try and try to stay calm ;)

Heres some tips, we use to have wild/neighbours cats in our garden , they use to crap and throw up on our lawn, scratch our garden furniture,etc. But either theyve all been run over or i`ve scared them away with the following...

Fill up some clear plastic bottles half full of water and leave a few around the garden. it spooks the cats. It might take a while.

Drop some citrus skins and garlic around the place. Not sure if this works and anyway the ants usually cart it all off in a couple of days.

If you see the cat, grab either a bucket of water or another non-breakable object to throw at it and run after it screaming "you f**king bastards"

Failing all of that, get some razor wire around your walls and mine the perimeter.

Heres some tips, we use to have wild/neighbours cats in our garden , they use to crap and throw up on our lawn, scratch our garden furniture,etc. But either theyve all been run over or i`ve scared them away with the following...

Fill up some clear plastic bottles half full of water and leave a few around the garden. it spooks the cats. It might take a while.

Drop some citrus skins and garlic around the place. Not sure if this works and anyway the ants usually cart it all off in a couple of days.

If you see the cat, grab either a bucket of water or another non-breakable object to throw at it and run after it screaming "you f**king bastards"

Failing all of that, get some razor wire around your walls and mine the perimeter.

LOL that is essentially what I did last night but the damn thing couldn't get out.

This is more a what to do with this particular cat problem, not a prevention issue. Actually, we had been thinking about razor wire for security, this is a secondary benefit that I hadn't considered.

LOL that is essentially what I did last night but the damn thing couldn't get out.

This is more a what to do with this particular cat problem, not a prevention issue. Actually, we had been thinking about razor wire for security, this is a secondary benefit that I hadn't considered.

In that case, make sure you get the razorwire and not spikes. Because from personal experience, the cats will just do a merry dance over the spikes and then giving you the finger.

In that case, make sure you get the razorwire and not spikes. Because from personal experience, the cats will just do a merry dance over the spikes and then giving you the finger.
Yes well that is the thing. Cat protection vs the living in guantanamo bay look. Spikes may still win out and I'll have to resort to running around like a crazy person with a bucket.That or I'm going to start spreading paracetamol around the back yard. According to the internet its a very effective and humane feral cat poison and dosed correctly not harmful to dogs.

Back