Wild Cat In Back Yard

Why wouldn't anybody help another live being in dire straits?!

You tame it, you bring it to a Zoonosis and have it sterilized or castrated. It doesn't have rabies, read something about that disease before jumping on the chair like a sissy screaming for help!

You tame it, you bring it to a Zoonosis and have it sterilized or castrated. It doesn't have rabies, read something about that disease before jumping on the chair like a sissy screaming for help!

First of all, there was no chair and my screaming was distinctly manly.

Secondly, don't make rude assumptions about my character. In winter I routinely take blankets and hot meals to people who are sleeping on the streets. The other day I gave a collection of childrens books and kid clothes to a young family who had nothing because they had been kicked out of their mothers house in the villa in saveedra. Those are LIVING HUMAN BEINGS who are in dire straits and there are milliones of them in Argentina.

If you want to put effort into taming, castrating, feeding and releasing a destructive pest, go ahead, but I don't have the time nor the desire to do so. If I feel like seriously inconveniencing myself in order to help another living being in dire straits, it will be a 2 legged one. This cat probably only ended up in my yard because he was trying to kill the baby birds still in the nest, I don't think that counts as dire straits.

edit: you know what Sarafina? If you want to, you're free to come by with a trap and you can take the damn thing with you to a zoonosis center. I'm not that far from San Isidro.

edit: you know what Sarafina? If you want to, you're free to come by with a trap and you can take the damn thing with you to a zoonosis center. I'm not that far from San Isidro.

I can make arrangements to come by with a jaula trampa, but in the meanwhile please 1) feed that poor thing, he/she will be hungry by now 2) provide him with an escape route as suggested (use a ladder or else) 3) maybe you can try calling an animal association active in your area, they might be able to intervene quicker.
Jaulas trampas are highly in demand and of course the association I am affiliated with just has one, so it is lended around a lot and not quick to access.

on the other hand, you could catch it, skin it and cook it on the parrilla? Bit of chimichurri and i`m sure it wont taste too bad. After all we do it to pigs and theyre supposed to be more intelligent than dogs :p

In Italy they used to eat cats some 50 years ago.
They also currently eat rabbits, horses, snails (both sea and land snails) and frogs.

I'm not going to feed it, it's probably already snacked on the kiskadees. I left a ladder out this morning, when I get home I'll see if the cat managed to figure it out. It couldn't figure out that it wasn't going to get out of my yard once it jumped in so I don't have very high expectations.

I'll let you know if it's still around this evening. It ran up a tree this morning when I went out to check so I'm kind of hoping if it gets high enough it can take a running leap towards the neighbor's yard although if I didn't do it last night while I was blasting it with the hose I'm not that hopeful.

on the other hand, you could catch it, skin it and cook it on the parrilla? Bit of chimichurri and i`m sure it wont taste too bad. After all we do it to pigs and theyre supposed to be more intelligent than dogs :p
Hell we do it with vizcacha and guinea pigs which are basically giant rats...

In Italy they used to eat cats some 50 years ago.
They also currently eat rabbits, horses, snails (both sea and land snails) and frogs.

Is this supposed to be scandalous? That's not really exotic, especially rabbits.

It sounds like you have been adopted. A trap and relocation is the best bet.

This is the most disturbing thread I've read in awhile.

I doubt the cat "jumped" into your yard -- didn't you just say you have a dog? Your dog or a neighbours dog probably scared the bejeezus out of it and it fell off the damn wall into your garden.

If you are really that concerned about the rabies issue, go to a local vet, there's got to be one within a few blocks of your home, and ask them to come have a look.

If there's no way it can jump up the fence, why the hell are you chasing it about. I would love you to save this thread and read it again in about 3 months, I think you'll see you come off like a total nutjob! It's a cat for feck's sake. Your dog has probably scare the crap out of it and that's why it's acting "crazy"

Back