Wild Cat In Back Yard

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Seriously, just man-up and deal with the cat (you don't need to advertise how you deal with it).

For example, I lived inside the city limits of Philadelphia for several years and I had a squirrel problem. They kept eating their way into my attic. I also had a compound bow with blunt tip arrows and a perfect shooting perch into the back-yard from my family room window - aka a solution - and it was November.

A month later the neighbors were commenting on the fact that there didn't seem to be nearly as many squirrels in the neighborhood as there used to be. I just shrugged. I didn't bother to tell them that squirrel for breakfast is just about the best meat on the table.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.” - Mahatma Gandhi

Examples of the connection between animal abuse and serial killing - http://spcala.com/hu...ial_killers.php
  • Patrick Sherrill, who killed 14 coworkers at a post office and then shot himself, had a history of stealing local pets and allowing his own dog to attack and mutilate them.
  • Earl Kenneth Shriner, who raped, stabbed, and mutilated a 7-year-old boy, had been widely known in his neighborhood as the man who put firecrackers in dogs’ rectums and strung up cats.
  • Serial killer Jeffrey Dahmer had impaled dogs’ heads, frogs, and cats on sticks.
  • Rodolfo Walsh - [insert crimes here ???]. Kitty waterboarding, assault of cat with insecticide spray, sent his dog to attack the cat, attempted cat electrocution, attempted to frighten exhausted cat into jumping from the top of a tree.
I can make some good preliminary decisions, based on this thread, about who I would trust to pet-sit or babysit. Basic empathy for living things is a great thing to cultivate - highly recommended!

Throw a large heavy blanket over it. Then a second one to be sure. Pull the corners together to keep it inside. Take it to the street. Let it go.
Wear gloves.

I think we can now official call this thread pussygate. Any chance we can have hourly updates on twitter of the situation please using #feralpussyBA

I wouldn't get near that cat. A friend of mine nearly lost a hand after being bit by his own beloved cat due to infection. It was during a move to a new house and the cat was displeased with the change.
Feral cats, yuck!
Some years ago there were many all over the place in every plaza and the urine stench was terrible. I don't know what happened to them all, but good riddance.
When I talked about sterilizing them, people would say, "how cruel!" Fortunately it is common practice now and there are far fewer cats.

I was thinking this morning that this would be the perfect video game. It could be called KatKarma.

In your inventory you have: a ladder, hose, electric cable, gloves, blanket, bug spray, a hanger, a dog, a phone, computer with access to baexpats forum.

The object is how to get the cat out of the garden (alive!) with the most karma points. So far, Serafina is leading the game, and may come back as a movie star in the next life. Unfortunately Rodolfo is in distant last place with a negative score, and is currently facing coming back as a mouse, the sole source of food for a trapped cat!

cat.png

Wildcat of my imagination...

Back