Will I Be Able To Get My Diploma Apostilled?

natykerouac

Registered
Sorry for so many apostille questions.
As I begin the process of authenticating my diploma to use in Argentina I have run into some issues..the diploma original copy can't in itself be notarized because it's alreay been signed and to be notarized the notary has to witness it being signed. so instead the principal signed a letter stating it was the authentic, origin al diploma, and the notary notarized that. is that going to work at all ? I'm going to get it apostilled tomorrow...

Sorry for so many apostille questions.
As I begin the process of authenticating my diploma to use in Argentina I have run into some issues..the diploma original copy can't in itself be notarized because it's alreay been signed and to be notarized the notary has to witness it being signed. so instead the principal signed a letter stating it was the authentic, origin al diploma, and the notary notarized that. is that going to work at all ? I'm going to get it apostilled tomorrow...

That should be fine. I was in the same position. Also, contrary to a discussion in a previous thread, I would have my high-school transcript notarized and apostillized "por las dudas." If I remember correctly, the Ministerio de Educación asked for that as well. That's who will verify your diploma and that you have passed your exams.

Check with the notaries in your home state, but in some cases like this, I think you can make a written statement saying "I attest that this is my HS diploma" (in more formal words), and have THAT letter notarized, and then have that letter + the diploma apostilled. People who do notaries & apostilles in the US should know the details.

you might have to bring a notary to the school if there isn't one on-premises, have the school make a copy, have the principal sign on the document that it's a true copy (with a seal if possible), have the notary notarize it, have your county clerk certify that notary's signature, then it'll be ready to Apostille. I did this in New York for my college diploma, only thing is that they had a notary on-premises.

Cant you just use one thread instead of making 500 diferent ones?

This isn't ask jeeves
Because no one responds if I keep asking in the same forum. But honestly I don't know why I even try, most of you aren't at all helpful and you just like to waste your time online sharing your snarky attitude with everyone who just needs some help.

Because no one responds if I keep asking in the same forum. But honestly I don't know why I even try, most of you aren't at all helpful and you just like to waste your time online sharing your snarky attitude with everyone who just needs some help.

You have to realize that you are probably the 7th or 8th poster this year who is asking more or less the same questions that have been answered in detail via other threads and more importantly the links posted in those threads. At the same time, I don't mind answering a question that may not be as obvious (like yours above).

Sorry if that sounds "snarky," but after you've been here a while, you'll start to see why. Also, you can consider BAExpats good training for living in Argentina. If you think Phil's post was bad, wait until you start dealing with people in the offices of the University of Buenos Aires. You will be hoping for snarky.

Anyways just keep asking your questions. We'll keep being snarky while at the same time attempting to get you the info you need.

It used to annoy me when I would write a treatise on how to do something and a week later someone would ask the same question.

However, I realized two things:

1) Sometimes it can be a little difficult to come up with the correct term when searching (particularly if you don't know the subject matter all that well) and one may not see the results one is looking for.

2) It really doesn't help anyone to be snarky. It makes others look at the board and think "what a bunch of snarks"

When I see someone repeating a question very recently answered, particularly if I was an author of the answer, I just ignore it...less problems all around.

A lot of us forget how overwhelming a lot of this stuff can be...the Jaded Expats Club :)

You really need to contact the universities that you are attending as they will email you a whole list of the things that you need to bring and do. However for UBA or La Plata I personally don't know what differences it will make since your past education won't be valid in their eyes? correct me if I'm wrong...

Back