Will I be placed on quarantine if I visit Buenos Aires?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Expatwiz

Registered
I plan on visiting B.A. In around October or November I was wondering If I will have to go through some quarantine stuff. I really do not want to deal with that shit to be honest.

Are you a resident in Argentina?
The border is closed to foreigners indefinitely. Regrettably it is unlikely it will be reopened by OCT/ NOV.
For Argentines and residents returning, yes a 14 day quarantine in your home applies.

Are you a resident in Argentina?
The border is closed to foreigners indefinitely. Regrettably it is unlikely it will be reopened by OCT/ NOV.
For Argentines and residents returning, yes a 14 day quarantine in your home applies.
No I am not a resident just a foreign US citizen. I read that tickets will be for sale again in September. I thought this meant that foreign people can enter. When do you think they will reopen to non residents?

No I am not a resident just a foreign US citizen. I read that tickets will be for sale again in September. I thought this meant that foreign people can enter. When do you think they will reopen to non residents?
Just because there are tickets doesn’t mean they are for everyone, unfortunately. Airlines have nothing to do with the entry rules of a country.

Unless the travel that you are hoping to do is absolutely essential, I would suggest you wait until to Q2 or later next year... for peace of mind and to avoid any potentially costly or complicated changes of plans. Argentina is unpredictable so it could always surprise us and happen sooner but at this time all political signs are suggesting otherwise.

Just because there are tickets doesn’t mean they are for everyone, unfortunately. Airlines have nothing to do with the entry rules of a country.

Unless the travel that you are hoping to do is absolutely essential, I would suggest you wait until to Q2 or later next year... for peace of mind and to avoid any potentially costly or complicated changes of plans. Argentina is unpredictable so it could always surprise us and happen sooner but at this time all political signs are suggesting otherwise.
I really want to go down there what is the quarantine requirement like? Is it hardcore like going to s special facility and paying out of pocket or do you just go to your apartment and fist bump and promise you do not leave. The thing is I just graduated college, I got all the time in the world right now and I wanted to go Argentina because I got connections there. I will be probably be wage slaving at an office job by next year. This sucks.

Last edited:
I really want to go down there what is the quarantine requirement like? Is it hardcore like going to s special facility and paying out of pocket or do you just go to your apartment and fist bump and promise you do not leave. The thing is I just graduated college, I got all the time in the world right now and I wanted to go Argentina because I got connections there. I will be probably wage slaving at an office job by next year. This sucks.

Have you seen the Argentine show "El Marginal" on Netflix? Quarantine here is just like that.

I really want to go down there what is the quarantine requirement like? Is it hardcore like going to s special facility and paying out of pocket or do you just go to your apartment and fist bump and promise you do not leave. The thing is I just graduated college, I got all the time in the world right now and I wanted to go Argentina because I got connections there. I will be probably wage slaving at an office job by next year. This sucks.
ExPatWiz,

It is my best opinion, that your plans are not going to go according to plan!

The borders are closed to international travel / tourist travel. There is no consensus to a reopen date. In fact it is a complete mystery as of today.

As for roaming around upon entering the country, assuming you could, I highly doubt that would not go unreported by someone who would have their eyes on you.

What's your rush? NO one is going anywhere right now. It's probably best to find something to do on a local level and save this idea for later.

Sorry to kill your dreams. Not gonna happen unless the government allow foreigners in.
By then quarantine requirements may be totally different (or hell, you may even need a vaccine if they wait until 2021...)

Even if they do open up, there is no guarantee you are going to have any fun at all. Forget everything you are familiar with in the US or wherever you are, here the entire country is still in lockdown of some form or another for almost 6 months now with no clear signs this will change soon - no open bars, restaurants or clubs to hang out in, no domestic travel or flights allowed etc

Here it is/ was strict.

When the pandemic started and foreigners were still allowed in, I remember the police raided the Sheraton hotel and deported a few busloads of foreigners for breaking their quarantine (eg leaving their ROOMS to go to breakfast...) You would be responsible for all costs, hotel plus deportation ;-))
For a while the government were forcing returnees into guarded hotels to ensure they could not leave their rooms for 14 days. They stopped that since most Argentines abroad are back home now.

Remember this is a country where some provinces have recently introduced nighttime curfews for their entire populations even though they only have 4 corona cases - you stay out past bedtime and you are liable to go to jail for 2 years. Don’t bet on Argentina cooperating with what you want any time soon. We don’t exactly want to be living like this either.

ExPatWiz,

It is my best opinion, that your plans are not going to go according to plan!

The borders are closed to international travel / tourist travel. There is no consensus to a reopen date. In fact it is a complete mystery as of today.

As for roaming around upon entering the country, assuming you could, I highly doubt that would not go unreported by someone who would have their eyes on you.

What's your rush? NO one is going anywhere right now. It's probably best to find something to do on a local level and save this idea for later.

I got a girl waiting for me down there bro. I have been talking to her for a long time,She is going to show me around, Netflix and chill and I want to go down to the end up the earth with her. I wanted to flex with that Blue Dollar and get that good Argentine steak and just have a good time.

Sorry to kill your dreams. Not gonna happen unless the government allow foreigners in.
By then quarantine requirements may be totally different (or hell, you may even need a vaccine if they wait until 2021...)

Even if they do open up, there is no guarantee you are going to have any fun at all. Forget everything you are familiar with in the US or wherever you are, here the entire country is still in lockdown of some form or another for almost 6 months now with no clear signs this will change soon - no open bars, restaurants or clubs to hang out in, no domestic travel or flights allowed etc

Here it is/ was strict.

When the pandemic started and foreigners were still allowed in, I remember the police raided the Sheraton hotel and deported a few busloads of foreigners for breaking their quarantine (eg leaving their ROOMS to go to breakfast...) You would be responsible for all costs, hotel plus deportation ;-))
For a while the government were forcing returnees into guarded hotels to ensure they could not leave their rooms for 14 days. They stopped that since most Argentines abroad are back home now.

Remember this is a country where some provinces have recently introduced nighttime curfews for their entire populations even though they only have 4 corona cases - you stay out past bedtime and you are liable to go to jail for 2 years. Don’t bet on Argentina cooperating with what you want any time soon. We don’t exactly want to be living like this either.
That sounds terrible. I guess I will have to sit this one out then. I have a plan B location to go to ( Colombia) but I don't think I should even do that. I gatta sleep on this. smh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back