Will the expat invasion end?

Only those who love clouds of pollution hovering in the street, tailpipes pointed at the sidewalk spewing fumes that make you want to puke, people that will be rude to you without any provocation whatsoever, litter and garbage everywhere from one end of the country to the other. And a country that has no government, local or federal, that will inspect and control the noise and pollution from busses, trucks, cars and taxis. And soaring prices. People who can look you right in the eye and lie like no one else i know. And food that is of poor quality and limited selection. bad coffee, cow fat cookies with artificial flavor, flavorless cheese, sugar juice, formaldehyde toothpaste and soap. oh anyone who lives here can go on......
stay but be positive, say they are the best. the superior race of south america. talk the talk they give you each day as they put everyone else down and brag and brag and beg you "dont you LOVE argentina?" Well, denying the difficulties of living here would be delusion pure and simple. What a dirty place! i guess thats how id sum up living in argentina.

JGSo why don't you go away and live somewhere else then?You obviously don't like it here.When did you invade this lovely country? Hmmm?

I love this country a lot more than most of you. Course I had to move around some to find the best place and indeed I did.
Yes the pollution is bad, political scene is too, police are the biggest joke in the world when it comes to law and order, but then I don't really blame them, they have no reason to uphold the law when the President won't do it himself. Just look at the road kill ( and I do not mean animals ), second highest in the world.
Garbage, yes but then look at what they have to pay to take it away and of course its not agains the law to litter here. Or if it is no one cares a hoot! But I do!
I have been very involved during my 5 years here and learned a lot. How? By standing up for my rights regardless of what anyone thinks. I lived in Cuba and stood toe toe with Fidel and his comunistic cronies. I am still alive. You cannot learn a thing in another country by talking in whispers.But then most are afraid to do so, and many live in fear they may be expelled if they do. Ha!
We have the same rights as Argentines do, it's in there own Constitution. So all you who complain, write your stupid little notes here and never challenge these insane inequites when personally confronted , stop it will you, and just go on an enjoy your trip through life.
I love it here. I love to have the same rights as others, and I only complain when I know I can make a difference to my personal daily living, having done so many times.
Of course Canucks are like that .

"Marc" said:
Granadaiscool, why are you always so negative about this country? Where are you from anyway? Do you live here? Are you Argentine?
Marc, do you have kids? If you don´t have were would you prefer to raise them in England or Argentina?

GranadaYes I have a daughter of 21 years who lives in England.I would have no problem raising a child here, but I don't understand the underlying point of your question.Could you please be more specific? ThanksMarc

I find it funny that when a expatriate has the temerity to critisize Argentina he is told by Members like Marc to go and leave the country. I find it ironic when he always screams freedom of speech and freedom of expression and freedom of this and that but when he reads something he does not like he wants us out of Argentina.
If you are like most Argentines who are born here they are 100 times more critical about their country than we would ever be. A typical resident of Buenos Aires will scream and bitch about Argentina and Argentines and then in the same breath tell you this is the most wonderful country that god created where the women are the most beautiful. the food is the healthiest and Buenos Aires is paradise on earth,
I happen to like Buenos Aires very much and think Argentina is a fantastic country in many ways but that does not cloud my vision also to see its huge faults as well.

"Marc" said:
BBW is talking bollocks..
Care to elaborate? Why fight a "war" for a piece of rock 7000 miles away populated by 1700 sheepfarmers? Whom the British government was planning to strip of their citizenship anyway, until the Argie generals got the brilliant notion of invading the place? Why fight a meaningless "war" for that piece of rock when the Brits gave in without a murmur to accepting the loss of Hong Kong to China in 1997? And spare me the hogwash of the lease running out. That was only for the new territories. Hong Kong proper was ceded in perpetuity. That's where the complex comes from. And which Murdoch's tabloids play on, day after day.

Hi RamonI too am not clouded in my vista of Argentina. I am well aware of its faults, and by heck there are many. I am not trying to erode anyone's freedom of speech and neither do I continually preach that dogma, I simply support it.Talk about complainers? We Brits are pass masters at that particular pastime. We just love a good moan, but the trouble is we do very little about it.I lived in Spain, as already mentioned, in a predominantly Brit community and if I had a penny for every time a fellow Brit said to me 'you'd have to drag me kicking and screaming back to that ****ing place'..I would be a very rich man.My point of view is that if one whinges continually about a country, you have a choice or not as the case may be.I cannot deny that there is a lot of Argentina bashing on this forum and because I don't know the identities of the bashers (Arg/resident/expat or otherwise) I like to inject a certain balance into the argument.I didn't enjoy living in Spain, moaned about it all day and finally left. They were probably glad to see the back of me anyway.So, you see, I have been there before you know and will reiterate that I am very fond of this country (toned down from love). It seems to get into your blood, under your skin. Why?Because for me, personally the positive aspects far outweigh the negative.

Oh come on BBW! This is way off topic anyway and is likely to get this thread locked, so before it is, I'll reply to you, by creating a new thread.....

Back