Winter ( The worst is yet to come )

Once the weather gets warm in November, it will be full blown summer three weeks after that. The springs here are waaaay to short for my liking.

I'm rooting for snow after missing back to back blizzards back home the year I moved here.

i love winter
we don't get winters like this in SF. they are mostly in the 40-50s...sometimes 60s.

i want this weather to last for a little bit cause summer in BA is like being buried in the sun.

ellbee said:
they are mostly in the 40-50s...sometimes 60s.
Which for the majority of the world is "5-10, sometimes 15" (Celsius).

Time to move into the latter 20th, 21st century. ;)

Barney said:
Very few places in the world have an average daytime temperature of 16 degrees.

You mean, in the coldest month of the year? Well, actually there are maaaaaany places in the world with 16°C as the avge daytime temp in the winter months, in even with much warmer temps. Unless you call Europe "the world".

BTW, the historical avge for BA is 15.4, not 16. This July was 15.6, not 16. I know it's a small difference, but in meteorological terms it's something to take more into account, I think.

Well, actually there are maaaaaany places in the world with 16°C as the avge daytime temp in the winter months...
Yep, many. And much higher as well. Indeed 16°C for winter temps is probably a median across the globe, and my "later" years will almost certainly be spent somewhere where that figure is a little higher...

ellbee said:
i want this weather to last for a little bit cause summer in BA is like being buried in the sun.

Don't make me laugh! :rolleyes: The 10 day forecast of HIGH Temps from where I'm from looks like this:

Tues: 110F (43C)
Wed: 110F (43C)
Thur: 108F (42C)
Frid: 107F (42C)
Sat: 106F (41C)
Sun: 106F (41C)
Mon: 103F (39C)
Tues: 103F (39C)
Wed: 103F (39C)
Thur: 102F (39C)

Buenos Aires is downright temperate when compared to that.

Summer averages are 30°C (just did a quick Google), is that it? I was expecting at least 35 through January from what some have been saying.

Though I do realise without a beach (I'm from Sydney) there's no easy relief from even mild heat, a bit like London in summer.

Barney said:
Anybody who believes that Santa Rosa is real, is crazy

I'm not saying it's real (though I lived with someone who was indeed crazy and swore by it) but the winds have coincided with the days a couple of times in my experience, and generally it does get nicer by mid-Sept.

deeve007 said:
Summer averages are 30°C (just did a quick Google), is that it? I was expecting at least 35 through January from what some have been saying.

Though I do realise without a beach (I'm from Sydney) there's no easy relief from even mild heat, a bit like London in summer.

Summers here aren't bad at all if you've ever lived anywhere hot. The problems with the heat stem from: Walking in it, Riding the Subways, & Living in an apartment without A/C. As far as "heat", it's really fairly mild.

So it's probably a lot like Atlanta in the US. People like to call it "Hotlanta", because it was the first Southern City (in the Deep South, besides New Orleans) and it sounds inventive, but it's really fairly mild by HOT standards.

Back