Withdraw Limit For Argy Debit Cards In Uruguay?

lucha54

Registered
Sorry I know we've gone through this before but I can't find the thread now....
What's the latest rule on withdrawing dollars from Uruguay ATMs using an Arg debit card? Something like $50-$100USD /month limit?

I've been told by a VISA representative over the phone (prior to a trip where I had to announce that I'd be out of the country) that the limit is per DNI. So, would be 50U$S per person, not per card.
Didn't try to verify this though. Anyone tried to take cash advance with many cards lately?

Sorry I know we've gone through this before but I can't find the thread now....
What's the latest rule on withdrawing dollars from Uruguay ATMs using an Arg debit card? Something like $50-$100USD /month limit?

I do not know the limit, however if you use an Argentinian card in Uruguay, expect to also pay extra taxes on the amount you spend.

You cannot withdraw cash from any cash machines outside Argentina with local debit cards (though you can make purchases), only credit cards.

You cannot withdraw cash from any cash machines outside Argentina with local debit cards (though you can make purchases), only credit cards.

Sad sad :( Argy partner doesn't have his PIN set up for his credit cards and no time to get it done before we leave. We'll try the $50 thing just in case you're wrong. I'll report back after if I remember.

Sad sad :( Argy partner doesn't have his PIN set up for his credit cards and no time to get it done before we leave. We'll try the $50 thing just in case you're wrong. I'll report back after if I remember.

Any success? I have 2 debit cards as I don't have a visa/mc/amex/discover yet and want to get some dollars when I go (idk when yet).

Also, are there casas de cambio in Colonia that I can sell the TP for real money at? If so, what are the rates?

Back