Work Visa

Alex_H

Registered
Hi Guys,

So being an uber long Argentinian weekend - I can't confirm this info with the consulate and was hoping someone who has applied for a visa from within Argentina could just sign off that the plan I have put together reading other posts is right:

Australian Federal Police Report:

1) I definitely need the finger print check

2) To get the finger print sheet I need to go to my local police station in BA - where I can also get my CERTIFICATE OF ARGENTINE CRIMINAL RECORDS ?

3) I will need to get my finger prints officially translated into English

4) I post these to the AFP (obviously a scanned copy won't do?)

5) A biggie: Can I have these sent to relatives in Australia or does it have to go directly to the Argentine Consulate in Australia - where a relative would pick them up.

6) Apostilles must be done in Australia

7) I plan to get documents officially translated into Spanish from this side (in BA) - pls confirm that the translation service can come after Apostilling?

ARGENTINEAN DOCUMENTATION:

While waiting for things from the Australia side - what documents/forms should I be getting here and where do I get them?

So far I have:

Pre-work Contract with Argentinian firm (confirmed it has all the requirements) - it is above the minimum pay rate, however it is a contract for only 80hrs a month (part time 20hrs per week).

CERTIFICATE OF ARGENTINE CRIMINAL RECORDS - Will get that from Police Station

OTHER:

Has anyone come into Argentina (tourist visa) on a different passport than they planned to apply for work on? If so, does this pose an issue and would it be considered wise to leave the country and reenter on the passport they plan to apply for work on?

Thanks in advance -

Alex

Alex_H said:
1) I definitely need the finger print check

Yes, definitely need the more expensive fingerprint one.

Alex_H said:
2) To get the finger print sheet I need to go to my local police station in BA - where I can also get my CERTIFICATE OF ARGENTINE CRIMINAL RECORDS ?

Yes, you will need to get someone to take your fingerprints. Talk to your local Comisaria. If you have trouble finding someone willing to take your fingerprints for another jursidiction, call the embassy and ask for ideas.

You get an Argentinian antecedentes penales from a different place, at Piedras 115. Book a turno here: http://www.dnrec.jus.gov.ar/Turnos/

Alex_H said:
3) I will need to get my finger prints officially translated into English

Yes, and it has to be translated by a sworn translator here and then certified. Search the threads here for instructions and recommendations on that.

Alex_H said:
4) I post these to the AFP (obviously a scanned copy won't do?)

Yes, you have to mail it, along with payment and copies of your ID. Read the full instructions on the AFP website at http://www.afp.gov.au/what-we-do/police-checks/national-police-checks.aspx

Alex_H said:
5) A biggie: Can I have these sent to relatives in Australia or does it have to go directly to the Argentine Consulate in Australia - where a relative would pick them up.

6) Apostilles must be done in Australia

Yes, they can be mailed to anyone, anywhere in the world. Just put the address you want it sent to in the appropriate place on the AFP form. It must be apostilled in Australia by DFAT, so have it sent to a relative and have them take or mail it to DFAT for apostille and then send the apostilled document to you.

Alex_H said:
7) I plan to get documents officially translated into Spanish from this side (in BA) - pls confirm that the translation service can come after Apostilling?

Yes, it must be done after the apostille, because the apostille must also be translated.

As for the work visa stuff, I have no idea, someone else might answer, but for most questions relating to visa documentation have been answered a million times before, so try the search feature first.

starlucia:
Really sorry for asking the same questions again - I'm just going plead ignorance in search skills - but promise I made a concerted effort over the last week to get definitive answers before posting.

NDCJ - thanks so much for your response - it's clarified a lot for me and *fingers crossed* shaved quite a bit of time off the process for me.

I was really confused by talk that FBI files didnt need apostilling and whether the files needed to go directly to the Argentina Consulate before taking them to DFAT etc.

Bajo_cero2: I have been here for about a fortnight

Is the company you have an offer from registered to employee extranjeros?

Well, as far as you stay under the radar you can stay irregular here with no issues. But, if you go to DGM they have you in the computer, as soon as you have a file you are "eligible" for a deportation order. So, I think is a bad idea to deal with DGM. To get a working residence it quite difficult, so, if this is rejected you will be in troubles. It is a different situation if your employer is a company like IBM, otherwise it is more difficult. This morning I was at Edificio 5, where are the files of people with issues and there were 2 americans. So, the only reason there are just a few expat at edificio 5 is because most of them have been under the radar. Regards

Back