Would anyone be interested in a fiction writers group?

I'm going to barriloche this coming week, then will check back with everyone on my return and see if we can get some definite names and a date for a meet up.

I am writting a novel too, slowly though.
There is a literary course in Caballito, but in Spanish. If you need more info call me:
4687-1604 henry

Aye that is a shame it is in Spanish. I know a really gooid Argentine guy if anybody wanting any session in learning how to write novels and plays in Spanish.

@esllou Jealous at you going Bariloche!

A good time for me would be evening. My friend, who doesn't post on here would love to come as well.

Did the writers' group get off the ground? My 20 first chapters, half-done screenplay and I would love to join in.

I'm interested too. I was in a writing group in San Francisco (focused mostly on novels) and would love to be a part of this new group. My schedule is pretty flexible too. Just let me know where and when. Thanks for organizing this.
Gordon

I'd be interested. My first book was non fiction and semi biographical, but hard, hard work.
I'm just writing fiction now and have 2 or 3 projects on the go, but have run into writers cramp!
I take it this would be in Cap Fed somewhere?
Cheers

right, I'm back!!

here are my thoughts...feel free to comment.

meet up once/twice a month, somewhere in the belgrano-recoleta-palermo-microcenter axis of the city, as that probably covers where 80%+ of us live.

each meeting, we decide a theme on this thread and turn up with a short story around that theme - printed X times where X equals number of members.

if we use this thread as the focal point, then we can use it to discuss themes, and also dates/places for next meeting as well as doing a head count of likely attendees.

how does all that sound? Shall we go for a first meeting during the week of March 22nd-28th?

I'm also interested in a writers circle. It would be very rewarding to workshop with fellow writers here. Good to go for the week of the 22nd. I've been living in Palermo/Barrio Norte for a week, so any cafe suggestions are welcome.

Chris

I would propose a bar-resto in front of Parque rivadavia (near the book fair).
Maybe A Sunday noon? If all agree we´ll choose the place later, OK?
henry

Sunday at noon (or after noon) is fine for me. Which Sunday are you looking at? The 21st, or the 28th?

Back