Would anyone be interested in a fiction writers group?

we need some feedback from the others who have expressed an interest.

which of these options would you all prefer?

1. sunday
2. weekday morning (10am or later)
3. weekday afternoon (3-5pm or so)

I've never written fiction, but I'm interested! I'm more available after 3/23 most any day of the week. I live in Almagro.

Hi everyone,

I think this is an excellent idea... very keen to be part.

I am definitely interested. I am a professional non-fiction writer (2 books and work full-time as a journalist). I am currently beginning my first screenplay. If you think that fits, let me know and I'm in. I certainly love to criticize others work!!! Kidding.
PM me if you think it is a good fit.
And personally I prefer weekdays anytime, but I could do Sundays if that's what everybody wants.
Cheers, Richard

most who have expressed a preference have said Sunday would be better so I think aiming towards Sunday 28th might be a good idea. I'm not available in the 12-3pm slot so perhaps morning or late afternoon.

how does that sound everyone? I think I'll PM everyone this week so everyone can check in on the thread and give their thoughts.

Thanks for organizing this. I'm very interested and could make a Sunday afternoon meeting. A few questions about the format, however. Would participants read submissions before the meeting and use the meeting time to critique? If so, how will we send submissions to other members? Can we do this on this thread? Also, is the writing only short stories based on a particular prompt? I'm working on a novel I would love to get feedback on. Would I be able to submit chapters to the group even if they didn't match the prompt?

Sunday the 28th is fine by me. If we're still discussing when to meet I guess I would prefer to meet on a weekday evening, but if Sundays work best for most that's fine too.

Katie said:
Sunday the 28th is fine by me. If we're still discussing when to meet I guess I would prefer to meet on a weekday evening, but if Sundays work best for most that's fine too.

I would sort of prefer a weekday too, but I'll go with the flow and I think sunday does make most sense what with people working, etc.

On the format question, I don't think we need to be so rigid. Let's have a theme each meeting but people can also bring other stuff.

People should also feel free to turn up just to listen, or just to pass comments and not feel OBLIGED to bring something written.

I'm not sure of the best way to do the reading - there or beforehand. I'm fine with both. If we keep each meeting's stories to about 1500 words, that doesn't take long to read (5 minutes), but if we go much over that, we're all going to be sitting in silence for a long time. :D

The big advantage of each person bringing, say, 10 copies of their stories to each meeting is that there won't be any problems printing. I don't have a printer, but I can go to a locutorio and get 10 copies of my own story well in advance. If people are posting stories on here in dribs and drabs in the week leading up to the meeting, it might get messy. There's no guarantee that everyone will be constantly checking the thread either.

But as I say, the issue would then be limiting story length to make reading practical.

:confused:

Back