Xoom Question?

domthegreat said:
I have used Xoom a bunch of times, and every time I use my credit card to fund it...it always comes up as a purchase i.e. I got miles for it.

Just make sure you don't check "cash advance" when making the transfer and you will be fine.

Because you are using your card to get all the cash, you can look at using cash here in BA as using your card for everything...except at the higher "casi-blue rate" of Xoom.

irina said:
https://www.xoom.com/argentina/fees
Here you can see the fees for Bank Transfers vs CC depending on the amount you send.

I'm not sure when it would register as a cash advance or not, maybe it depends on the card company? I use a Chase Mastercard to earn United miles...if that helps.

earlyretirement said:
Exactly. The fee is $46 to send $2,000 and the rates are at 6.30 which is pretty good all things considered. The rate to send $1,000 and $2,000 is the same so you might as well send the higher amount if you need it.

I used my credit card last time for the miles and it went through as a normal purchase so I got the miles.

This is such great news because I am a miles addict and I have been going through withdrawal ever since the xoom rate increased by 40% over the credit card rate.

Thanks Irina for the data point on Chase not counting it as a cash advance. I love the Explorer card but I would probably use my Ink Bold card if Chase does not mark it as a cash advance.

earlyretiement and domthegreat which credit card issuer did you use (Citibank, Chase, AMEX. Disocver etc.,)?

Thanks for all the help everybody.

Hi, I would like confirm if Xoom is using a limit since july , because I had issues all this month and other guy told me that he received 970 usd without problems. Or just we have issues if payment is bank-> bank (I think he used credit card-> bank)

I have the cards mainly from Chase (Ink Bold, United Explorer, Sapphire, etc.) and a few Amex cards.

Also the limit on Xoom is 2999.99 per month unless you give them additional information about your job and your US ID.

Is this 2999.99 in pesos or U$? I'm looking to do this for about U$1000 tops. If not in U$, I'm just bringing cash - not worth the hassle (paperwork, etc.) for me to xoom for just that amount.

Thanks.

Back