$1 Million Usd To Spend In Bsas - How Long Can It Last?

Status
Not open for further replies.
and me...in Ireland our version is Fur coat, no knickers...

Frankly, that sounds like fun (comfortable and efficient, in more ways than one).
emo32.gif

Musicman:
Franky,I am taking your post as a "put on" Nonetheless.as quite a long term expat,.I have spent over one half of my 74 years in Latin America
,I can tell you that the generation gap does not exist in this part of the world.
At least,not in the same way it is understood in English speaking countries
Different age groups more or less blend and mix in these parts
If you don't speak Spanish,here's a refrain from Spain for you to go by,"Cada edad tiene su duende"-Every age has its charm.
I wouldn't want to be 24 again even if it were possible.Youth can be beautiful but it also can be a big hassle.

Unfortunately for me it makes me uncomfortable seeing you embarrass yourself so much, so I am going to give you a little advice (being young myself). No one on here, including young people, will help you with that attitude. Everyone on here helps each other when they have knowledge to give, regardless of age. No one is going to want to help someone who disrespects a significant portion of the forum right off the bat. Besides, if you don't like coffee and wine, why in the world would you go to Argentina?

in a word: Bravo.

Being neither maie nor old, I still found the OP's posts to be insulting and narrow-minded.

Apologies if i have offended anybody as this was not my intention. However, I would kindly ask again that those expats whose advice has clearly not been solicited in my earlier posting..................................................to perhaps find an expat coffee morning or wine tasting meet up somewhere and head off over there. This thread is becoming like visiting a local Argentine restaurant and just when you think you are enjoying a real authentic experience you find there is a couple of loud American expats having a conversation and talking louder than everybody else so the whole restaurant is forced to listen to the entire boring conversation. I know you can't always help yourselves and perhaps are not aware of how annoying that is for other customers but please try and make an effort.

So $1 million USD to spend in Bs As and I am still unsure what my monthly expenses would be and how long the money would last for!

What is the average monthly USD spend of expats in Bs As?

All my interests seem to be covered in this beautiful country so I think I could lead a lifestyle I would enjoy. The question is how much will it cost me?

I am estimating $3000 USD per month would be more than enough to cover the basic expenses. I can't bring the Ferrari down because of the pot holes in the roads in BA so this will be a big saving for me and anyway I have a buyer for it back in Texas. It will also leave me time to write up a phd thesis I am researching for Harvard university during my stay. So what do y'all think?

OK then...
How on earth do you arrive at 3k per month?
The average spend depends very much on location, family, renting/buying and a whole host of other criteria.
If i could afford to bring a supercar to BA, the potholes would be the least of my worries. I'd be more worried about having some jerk smashing a window at the lights and shooting me through the head. They do that here you know?
How old are you and on what exactly is your thesis being written for Harvard? (Insert fancy name to impress.....)
See, I made an effort.

So $1 million USD to spend in Bs As and I am still unsure what my monthly expenses would be and how long the money would last for!

The question is how much will it cost me?

I am estimating $3000 USD per month would be more than enough to cover the basic expenses.

Just 24 hours ago, I gave you all your answers and recommended that you keep your budget to 5k usd a month to enjoy a v good lifestyle and excluding rent.

Most expats in BA are living on 800 to 2000 usd a month, including rent. So there is no upper or lower limit. It all depends on what kind of lifestyle u want.

1 million usd would last u close to 15 yrs in BA with no work and all pssible eventualities. Invest in a good OSDE medical plan 410 or 510 and you are well covered medically.

Apologies if i have offended anybody as this was not my intention. However, I would kindly ask again that those expats whose advice has clearly not been solicited in my earlier posting..................................................to perhaps find an expat coffee morning or wine tasting meet up somewhere and head off over there. This thread is becoming like visiting a local Argentine restaurant and just when you think you are enjoying a real authentic experience you find there is a couple of loud American expats having a conversation and talking louder than everybody else so the whole restaurant is forced to listen to the entire boring conversation. I know you can't always help yourselves and perhaps are not aware of how annoying that is for other customers but please try and make an effort.

All my interests seem to be covered in this beautiful country so I think I could lead a lifestyle I would enjoy. The question is how much will it cost me?

I am estimating $3000 USD per month would be more than enough to cover the basic expenses. I can't bring the Ferrari down because of the pot holes in the roads in BA so this will be a big saving for me and anyway I have a buyer for it back in Texas. It will also leave me time to write up a phd thesis I am researching for Harvard university during my stay. So what do y'all think?
And this is like when you are eating in a restaurant and a spoiled five year old doesn't get everything they want, so they stomp their feet and scream so that no one else in the restaurant can enjoy themselves. Of course if you insult people (and if that wasn't on purpose then you are way to socially oblivious to live in another country), they are going to give you a hard time. When I was living in Chile and posting on that forum, if an older person had come on and said "no young people respond because you're naive and don't know how the world works" I wouldn't respect their request. The only thing I can think of is that you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth, that is the only possible way someone could be this entitled at a young age.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back