14 Food Reasons Argentines Are Better At Life

I saw this and it confirmed my belief that the Huffington Post is getting lower and lower in terms of journalistic quality.

All food is pumped full of chemicals, GMOs or hormones.

The writer has never had real pasta. Of course the pasta I had in Italy was better, but so is pasta from the states. I find Argentine pasta over cooked, stale and bland.

Haven't had the hot chocolate yet.

Milanesas are OK. I will eat them if there isn't anything better.

I don't like any of the paistries but to be fair I never enjoyed crosants either.

I don't care for Mate.

If dulce de leche could go away that would be great. It's in everything...

Prefer american or German sausage.

I only like cheese and onion empanadas.

I only like chicken asado.

Some alfajores are OK. Only the ones without dulce de leche.

Fernet isn't Italian. My Italian friends that have heard of it find it disgusting like me.

Also, seriously, am I the only one who likes Fugazetta?
Fugazetta would be nicer if they put some tomato sauce on it

Anecdotal evidence is untrustworthy, but my mother-in-law died from breast cancer. The best-known Argentine cancer fatality would, of course, be Evita, but you can see other celebrity deaths at http://en.wikipedia....hs_in_Argentina

If you believe public health stats from the lying Pirates, the US is in sixth place worldwide, the Argentines 49th: http://www.wcrf-uk.o...cs_overall.php. On the other hand, according to the Shameless Imperialists, cancer is Argentina's second-leading cause of death: http://www.cancer.go.../crn/argentina.

I know many Argentines that have had cancer: including several young women in their 30's that had breast cancer.

It's fugazzeta, just like pizza. It's just that they don't pronounce the zz (tz). Saying atrocious things like piSa instead of pizza, muSarela instead of mozzarella, or fugaSEta instead of fugazzeta. I wonder if they ever question why they have double z. It's not like someone randomly decided to add the second z just for fun and it really has no effect on how the word is pronounced.

Anyway don't mind me, I'm just the crazy guy who doesn't like language butchering and notices things like free shops.

Today I was watching American TV online and was thinking about all the latest posts on how bad the overcooked pasta is in Buenos Aires, and I have to agree. I love other dishes here, but Argentine pasta is not one of them.......until an Olive Garden commercial suddenly came on. Now that Argie pasta doesn't sound so bad.

As for pizza, I can strongly recommend Siamo Nel Forno in Palermo Hollywood. Can't compare it to the one lucha54 posted, but it's real authentic italian pizza with a good selection of different toppings. They have two changing "recommendations from the chef" which never disappointed me so far, but keep some space for the tiramisu! Or better, when they have it the dessert made out of sweet pizza dough and Nutella - highly addictive ;)

As for asses I can strongly recommend Argentina. full stop!

Interesting...I personally know of no one in ARG who has been stricken with cancer. But in USA, I can immediately think of six.

Quality of life?
Yes, I can know Argies with cancers. Have you noticed that Argies look great when they are younger, then age faster when they get older. I suspect (no scientific data) that is due to consuming too much red meat, cigarette and coffee. Just my opinion. How can you take a nice dump after having that much lomo and grilled cheese?

Over cooked pasta that begins life as poor quality pasta is one thing. Yuk. However 4 out of five asadores will over cook the meat. Most asados that I have been to let the cook far too long. I want to see and eat PINK.

1 Reason Argentines Aren't Better At Life

BACON DIPPERS

10006195_10152979512211002_97405721_n.jpg

What is not to love?

Over all I would say food sucks in Argentina.

An over-generalization at best. In Buenos Aires you can find a diversity of excellent food, but that's more difficult in the provinces, where it can be monotonous after a time.

Back