#18F

I sense quite a bunch of sexual frustration in this thread - some people should enjoy the B.A. bar scene more... :D

By the same token, those who marched today for verdad, memoria y justicia are idiots as well... because as far as I know, not all of those desaparecidos were angels. I would not be proud of having a 19 year old pregnant daughter planting bombs or cooperating with terrorists, would you?

Entonces, que hacemos? See how easy it is to ruin a post and throw chicanas? I have learned quite a bit. :cool:

By the same token, those who marched today for verdad, memoria y justicia are idiots as well... because as far as I know, not all of those desaparecidos were angels. I would not be proud of having a 19 year old pregnant daughter planting bombs or cooperating with terrorists, would you?

Entonces, que hacemos? See how easy it is to ruin a post and throw chicanas? I have learned quite a bit. :cool:

Who said that Nisman deserved to die because he was corrupt? If some of the desaparecidos were guilty of planting bombs or coordinating terrorist activities, they should have been brought before a judge, tried, and served a prison sentence. If there is anything to march against today, it is extrajudicial killings.

We know that many innocent people were kidnapped, tortured, and killed by the military dictatorship. One cable sent from US Embassy Buenos Aires details at least one case: http://nsarchive.gwu...Doc4 761004.pdf

I think everyone wants to know who killed Nisman, or how he really died. Clearly, there are serious questions about his death. However, he is not a hero, and isn't any better than the corrupt government officials tied to the CFK government. Indeed, beyond taking unauthorized vacations to Cancun and Europe, he stole at least $20,000 ARS in public funds on a monthly basis. Entonces, seguís siendo Nisman?¿

I never said I was. I just felt the need to express condolences. You know what happened afterwards. Saludos

I feel, without minimilizing the death of Nisman, that most went to show their indignation about the constant corruption, lies and general disgust with the Argentina of today! Does it do any good? For those who attend and participate, yes! for the changes , sad to say, I think not much but that doesn't change my firm belief in participating in such events!

We, South Americans, can protest until we turn blue and NOTHING will change. Wanting the OTHER to change and become honest is easy, and takes you nowhere. Real change starts within each and every one of us. Real change will only start when Argentines dump the viveza criolla in Argentina and Brazilian dump our infamous "Lei do Gerson". Politicians are not the problem, they are the symptom. And protesting while littering, breaching traffic rules and disrespecting each other will solve nothing, and serve only as a escape valve.

Who said that Nisman deserved to die because he was corrupt? If some of the desaparecidos were guilty of planting bombs or coordinating terrorist activities, they should have been brought before a judge, tried, and served a prison sentence. If there is anything to march against today, it is extrajudicial killings.

We know that many innocent people were kidnapped, tortured, and killed by the military dictatorship. One cable sent from US Embassy Buenos Aires details at least one case: http://nsarchive.gwu...Doc4 761004.pdf

I think everyone wants to know who killed Nisman, or how he really died. Clearly, there are serious questions about his death. However, he is not a hero, and isn't any better than the corrupt government officials tied to the CFK government. Indeed, beyond taking unauthorized vacations to Cancun and Europe, he stole at least $20,000 ARS in public funds on a monthly basis. Entonces, seguís siendo Nisman?¿

Fein is having a tough time getting Nisman's mother and sister in to testify about the bank accounts and safety deposit box. Mom and Sis pleading hypertension and panic attacks. Make of it what you will.

I never said I was. I just felt the need to express condolences. You know what happened afterwards. Saludos

Some desparecidos did some bad things
Nisman did some bad things.
Some desaparecidos were murdered
Nisman was likely murdered.

So, it's interesting that you felt compelled to attend the marcha for Nisman and express your condolences, but you didn't feel compelled to attend the marcha for the desaparecidos or express condolences. In fact, you seemingly justified the extrajudicial killings of thousands:

because as far as I know, not all of those desaparecidos were angels. I would not be proud of having a 19 year old pregnant daughter planting bombs or cooperating with terrorists,

Hmm?

Left wing terrorism was a blight in South America during the 60s and 70s. Their idea was to install Cuban like dictatorships in the region. Looking at the level of corruption happening in Brazil right now after the former guerrillas were elected into power, one can only imagine how they would have run Brazil if they had succeeded with their Revolution and did not have to deal with a free press, due process, an independent legislative and an independent judiciary.

That being said, nothing justified ex-judicial killings. nothing justifies torture. And the reality is that many people who were killed, tortured or disappeared at the hands of the military were either guilty of just being at the wrong place at the wrong time, or guilty by association. The military lost any moral high ground once it started doing those things.

Fein is having a tough time getting Nisman's mother and sister in to testify about the bank accounts and safety deposit box. Mom and Sis pleading hypertension and panic attacks. Make of it what you will.

Panic attacks? Sure! It is normal when peopke realize that they can spend a long time in jail. They are guilty too about those bank accounts that were use to wash money he stole.

Back