4/28 Book Club Meeting, Welcomes Newcomers!

Alicia karr

Registered
Hi all! The BAExpat book club/pot luck meets the last Tueday of every month and invites your participation, whether you've been able to read the book or not. We are a friendly, diverse group who love to give opinions and exchange thoughts and resources. Our meetings are from 7-10 and include both structured discussion,dinner, and free social time. They take place in a private home in Recoleta. Some people also say our pot luck is among the best places for expats to dine, as we usually bring/make the foods we miss the most!
This months book is Eric Larsen's "Dead Wake" and is a New York Times Best Seller. It is non-fiction(about the sinking of the Lusitania) and reads like a suspense novel. You can download it as an Ebook on all the major book sites. Our discussion and books are in English.
Please consider joining us. If interested just respond to this thread with an idea of a dish you can bring for the pot luck dinner and I'll send you a PM (private message) with the address and phone number. Hope to see you soon!

The book was excellent! I'll be there with chicken enchiladas. See everyone tomorrow night ...

GS

Yummy. I'm making nachos. We are currently six. Bobsnowpuppy you in too? The discussion will in part be about the history of World War I, the politics of war and neutrality, ethics

Ok I have 7 definite and two more trying to come for tomorrow...why are people so shy about posting?! Gives book clubbers kinda a nerdy image! Hey, we rule! We be way cool!
Any last minute takers? One or two seats more available

Wonderful because of the great participants! Such great deep discussions! Such interesting facts added by members! And a shout out to GS Dirtboy for showing us the YouTube video of the ship's actual departure from New York Harbor on its last voyage before it sank. We even saw some of the characters described in detail in the book, standing on the deck. Talk about making history come alive...!
Thanks to all for the great food as well.

Back