8.3 Earthquake in Chile - Felt Here

Felt in our PH in Palermo. The chandelier in our living room was swinging side to side. Couldn't figure it out till this morning when we heard about the earthquake

I live in Barrio Norte and slept like a baby as well....i didn't even know about it until I was awoken by a phone call from my buddy in the states...Apparently, mother nature is made as hell this year :)

gsi16386 said:
I live in Barrio Norte and slept like a baby as well....i didn't even know about it until I was awoken by a phone call from my buddy in the states...Apparently, mother nature is made as hell this year :)

I got that phone call too, woke me up and I was trying to figure out what he was talking about til I pulled up cnn

Too bad for the people in Chile. I waiting now for our conspiracy theory buffs who like to post here how this was caused by flying saucers or some super secret U.S. military project.

I was woken up by a beeping safe box around 3:30am. I had to remove the batteries to make it stop. Didn't make the connection to the earthquake until now. Bizarre.

Very sad scenes coming out of Chile . I have been watching Chile TV non stop the last 24 hours and the devastation of towns and cities is incredible especially along the Maure coast with the complete destruction of villages by the Tsunami.

This morning there was mass looting in supermarkets of Conception of poor desperate people looking for food . Its hard to judge people in these situations.

I have a friend in Santiago and thank god she is safe, although somewhat jealous that I didn't get to experience it (I know that that is such a stupid thing to say?) Thankfully very view died, hopefully things can return to normal soon.. I didn't feel a thing, but I know many of my friends in Cordoba did.

I know that that is such a stupid thing to say?
Indeed.
Thankfully very view died
I don't think 300+ is very few!!!

Just because they are latinamericans it doesn't mean they are few! If they had been from a developed country it would be a tragedy!

Back