Abortion to become legal.....

The dogs bark, but the caravan moves on.
Or, in this case, the old white men bark.

I know dozens of young, non-rich, non-celebrity argentine women who have been marching, educating, and writing to their politicians, in favor of a woman's right to choose. This is not a fad, its not something that will go away. These are educated people, who have reasoned, ethical and moral arguements for a Woman's right to control her own body.
Personally, I cant wait til I get down there and get my own green bandanna.

Can you give me a reasoned, ethical and moral justification for killing a child? Sorry I don't see how it's any different from capital punishment - a death penalty for the child for inconveniencing the mother.

I can't give you any reason that would satisfy your question. A woman has the right to do what she wants with her own body. You're not a woman nor have you faced the decision, so you can't understand that it's a personal decision.

The vote passed the lower house. The Senate has its turn for debate. If they don't pass the bill, women will speak with their votes and get rid of those who opposed it.

Personally, I cant wait til I get down there and get my own green bandanna.

Hurry, or you'll miss all the action in the streets. Listen to the impassioned disputados speak on public television, and soon the senators.

I can't give you any reason that would satisfy your question. A woman has the right to do what she wants with her own body. You're not a woman nor have you faced the decision, so you can't understand that it's a personal decision.

The vote passed the lower house. The Senate has its turn for debate. If they don't pass the bill, women will speak with their votes and get rid of those who opposed it.

You may not convince me but tell me how you convince YOURSELF that taking a child's life is OK. How is it the mother's right to do this? The child is not hers to throw away. It's a human life.

Yes you are referring to killing a child.

Are you trying to win some argument via sensationalist framing? I prefer the phrase "terminating a pregnancy" but I'm pretty sure we both are talking about the same thing. I don't get the fascination with using particular words in this debate. It's not like there was any ambiguity in my meaning, so I'm not sure why changing the vocabulary is supposed be some sort of gotcha.

You may not convince me but tell me how you convince YOURSELF that taking a child's life is OK. How is it the mother's right to do this? The child is not hers to throw away. It's a human life.
Sure it is hers to throw away. It lives inside her body. She decided to get pregnant. She can decided no longer to be pregnant. I don't want the state telling women when to be or not be pregnant.

Can you give me a reasoned, ethical and moral justification for killing a child? Sorry I don't see how it's any different from capital punishment - a death penalty for the child for inconveniencing the mother.

There are very few ethical reasons to kill a child, maybe if one is holding a gun and about to shoot and kill several others, you could then potentially legitimately/ethically do it, if it is the only way to save the others.

But removing a non sentient fetus is a different matter altogether.

You can pretend that those two things are the same,but the science says different.

Even the Bible tells 'believers' (like you?) that abortion is fine as long as your wife has been unfaithful (or if you suspect that she has!) . See 'numbers'.

Not that we should protect outdated and erroneous religeos beliefs which detrimentally impact others anyway. But it's worth pointing out the hypocrasy.

If you are genuinely interested and capable of re examining your position when confronted with science, logic and actual data, then please see my earlier posts and related links in this thread.

Good luck opening your eyes!

*Facepalm*

Of course those aborted babies (oh sorry "non sentient fetuses) just HAPPEN to look just like infants!

Of course those aborted babies (oh sorry "non sentient fetuses) just HAPPEN to look just like infants!

So you ask for reasoning and ethical explanations, so I refer you to my earlier comments which cover exactly that. Yet you ignore and continue ranting with no real sense of adult discussion.

I'll stop feeding the trolls for now, as they clearly don't actually want discussion ,logic or ethical discourse. They'd rather just throw around emotive b/s with nothing underpinning it.

I shouldnt have wasted my time, ohh well.

:X

Back