Agency Demanding Large Deposit?

AlexfromLA said:
It took you two weeks to come up with this drivel ? Seriously ?

It's very simple. Please post one reputable agency that advertises damage deposits of $ 300 usd for full month stays on properties that cost $ 1000 and up.

Just one. I don't need conjecture or fantasy stories about you smooth talking old Argentinian women into not asking for larger deposits.

I stated a simple fact. The average damage deposit is anywhere from 70-100%. This is the standard that all rental agencies use. byt argentina, apartmentsba, reynolds, REMAX etc.

This is a fact. You can call any of these reputable agencies and they will confirm it, in fact their damage deposit policies are clearly stated on their websites. Maybe you think REMAX is a rip off or they are using damage deposits as " loans ". But that is your personal opinion and not fact. Unless you can actually prove any of what your saying ( and what you are saying clearly contradicts what EVERY single agency in Buenos Aires clearly states on their websites ) I call bullshit.

This is an expat forum. Some expats are renters, some are rentees and some are owners. They all have personal experiences, but everyone is entitled to an opinion. If you want to live in a fantasy world where agencies charge $ 300 usd for damage deposits, more power to you.

It really doesn't affect me in any way. But it does misinform alot of people into thinking that is somehow the norm, when it obviously isnt' since you can't post one single link to back up your claim, and that is why I posted so as to correct your misinformation.

anything else ? or is it going to take you another two weeks to formulate a reply ?

Believe it or not, unlike you I don't use this forum as a substitute for my social life in BA, so I don't log in every day to engage in petty arguments. I will answer at my leisure.

I think it needs to be said that you're an apartment owner and that you have a special interest in making the arguments you do. I have no interest in this one way or the other, I will continue to get my low-deposit (and now no-deposit) apartments. I'm just informing other expats about how things work in BA. You're not interested in providing objective info., but info. that will help you in your business or make you feel better about what you do. Others have backed up what I'm saying in this thread, both owners and renters; $300 is standard for a deposit. You tried to argue with them about the quality of their apts. lol

Please post ONE link that backs up your statement ?

Just ONE link. The ONE owner who said he would rent for a $ 300 damage deposit ( Jez ) advertises on his website a 70% damage deposit. I pointed that out.

Now post one reputable agency that validates your opinion.

Again, I am not saying this never ever happens if you rent from a desperate owner, it might occasionally, but it isn't the norm.

JUST ONE.

I have stated many times that I am an apartment owner and you have stated many times you rent apartments because you cannot afford to buy your own.

My personal interest is no more than yours. The difference is I prefer facts, you prefer to live in a fantasy world where your opinion is fact even though every agency in Argentina disagrees with you.

Anything else ?

polostar88 said:
Believe it or not, unlike you I don't use this forum as a substitute for my social life in BA, so I don't log in every day to engage in petty arguments. I will answer at my leisure.

I think it needs to be said that you're an apartment owner and that you have a special interest in making the arguments you do. I have no interest in this one way or the other, I will continue to get my low-deposit (and now no-deposit) apartments. I'm just informing other expats about how things work in BA. You're not interested in providing objective info., but info. that will help you in your business or make you feel better about what you do. Others have backed up what I'm saying in this thread, both owners and renters; $300 is standard for a deposit. You tried to argue with them about the quality of their apts. lol

AlexfromLA said:
Please post ONE link that backs up your statement ?

Just ONE link. The ONE owner who said he would rent for a $ 300 damage deposit ( Jez ) advertises on his website a 70% damage deposit. I pointed that out.

Now again, post one reputable agency that validates your opinion.

JUST ONE.

I have stated many times that I am an apartment owner and you have stated many times you rent apartments because you cannot afford to buy your own.

My personal interest is no more than yours. The difference is I prefer facts, you prefer to live in a fantasy world where your opinion is fact even though every agency in Argentina disagrees with you.

Anything else ?

At least two renters on this thread said they paid only nominal deposits and one owner said that's normal. These are the facts, plus what many of us know from practice. No one's coming to your defense here.

You're an owner who rents out property and you have an interest in distorting what actually goes on in BA. You're misleading naive new expats into getting huckstered by the likes of you.

I don't know or care how much money you have and you don't know anything about me. I don't remember saying that I can or can't afford to buy an apt., and that's irrelevant anyway. I don't see why anyone, rich or poor, would buy instead of rent in BA though.

AlexfromLA said:
The one owner who agreed with you is Jez

This is the link to his apartment

http://letsgoargentina.com/home/propview.php?id=AP365

The apartment is listed at $ 1295 usd a month

The damage deposit is clearly stated as 2 weeks rent for stays of one month or more.

That works out to a $ 790 usd damage deposit.

Any questions ?

Yes and he said he charges $300 or something...right or wrong?

The listed prices are for naive expats who are willing to pay those prices. As I said several times on this thread, owners generally scope out the renter beforehand and deposits will vary from person to person.

No one said $ 300 damage deposits are normal, you are outright lying right about now.

And I don't need anyone to come to my defense, you have yet to produce one link from one reputable agency that backs up any of your claims.

I am still waiting ?

I need to stop feeding your troll ass, you are obviously cognitively challenged.

These are just a few of the largest oldest and most reputable real estate agencies in Buenos Aires, and REMAX is the largest and most reputable agency in the WORLD. Please review their websites and see what their damage deposit policies are or better yet, give them a call and ask.

Nothing I have said was in anyway misleading. It was fact and I don't have two forum members opinions to back up my facts, I have EVERY SINGLE RENTAL AGENCY IN BUENOS AIRES to back up my facts.

http://remax.com.ar/

http://www.bytargentina.com/

http://www.reynoldspropiedades.com/

http://www.apartmentsba.com/

http://www.covello.com.ar/inicio.php

http://www.interwin.com.ar/

None of these agencies are distorting anything, none of these agencies are " huckstering " anyone ( whatever the hell that means ). Your comments are actually bordering on libelous at this point since they are so divorced from reality.

Again, and just for fun, post ONE reputable agency that supports your libelous claims ? Just one.

Because the fact is simple, any person that calls any agency to rent an apartment will be told that the monthly damage deposit is anywhere from 70-100%. It's that simple and you would rather go off in a rant than post anything credible because other than your insults, you have nothing to back you up.

polostar88 said:
At least two renters on this thread said they paid only nominal deposits and one owner said that's normal. These are the facts, plus what many of us know from practice. No one's coming to your defense here.

You're an owner who rents out property and you have an interest in distorting what actually goes on in BA. You're misleading naive new expats into getting huckstered by the likes of you.

I don't know or care how much money you have and you don't know anything about me. I don't remember saying that I can or can't afford to buy an apt., and that's irrelevant anyway. I don't see why anyone, rich or poor, would buy instead of rent in BA though.

polostar88 said:

The listed prices are for naive expats who are willing to pay those prices. As I said several times on this thread, owners generally scope out the renter beforehand and deposits will vary from person to person.

Polostar you sound like a cheapskate and certainly any owner renting you to you would be concerned. High end properties have over US$ 10,000 furniture minimum and you expect to not pay US $ 1000 security deposit .

Expats can be the worse renters to the suprise of many as they are more prone to disrespect the rules of the building by bringing unwanted guests home as well as drinking and being more unclean than the average middle class argentinian.

Yes, I already said he did as I already some owners of lower priced apartments might on occasion rent them with smaller damage deposits, but that is the exception and not the rule. Does your little brain understand the difference ?

The listed prices are the norm in Argentina and in any country. If you want to try and attach some sort of sinister quality to a websites prices or policies, that is your choice, but that isn't reality or fact, it's just the small paranoid world that you live in.

polostar88 said:

polostar88 said:
I'm saying what I know from experience and I added I have a way with landladies/pretty cougar real estate agents :p

Tomorrow my cougar real estate agent from a previous rental is handing me over the keys to a $1250/month apt with no deposit at all. :cool:

I have to say that your posts are some of the crassest I have read on this forum and this saying a lot . Your arrogance and patronising attitude towards Argentinians from your quotes are misleading and blasphemous to say the least. Very few argentinians are desperate to rent their apartments and certainly not to the likes of creatures like you.

The Argentinian property owner is the least desperate seller of his real estate in the world as he owns it fully in 99 percent of cases and can wait to find a good renter .

Your comments on the gay community of Argentina were discrimitatory and your so called facts showed your own opinions based on your insecurity as a man.

Polostar says it all as this defines male insecurity using a macho sport to give you appeal when obviously there is none .

The only reason you are here I bet is for cheap hookers from Once the ones that gives out flyers on Lavalle and Florida . ;)

It puzzles me how anyone can take polostar88's stories seriously. Those amazing sweetheart deals from his collection of "cougar real estate agents" sound like daydreams to me.

But perhaps I misjudge him...;)

Back