airfares to uk

blackburn

Registered
Anyone know why it costs £970 to fly to England and the same dates to fly
from England to here,return,are with the same carrier £630....kin rippoff..
me thinks.My friend says they dont want Argies going there so the price is
exorbitant...suerte

It has nothing to do with racism or discrimination in any way, airfares take into account many factors color of skin isn't one of them though. there are very smart people whose job it is to calculate the optimum fare to create the most revenue, and apparently at this time it is higher ex EZE versus LHR some of that might have to do with it is going on summer in LHR and we are going into winter. If you check almost any city pair there is a difference in fare one way versus the other sometimes it is minimal sometimes it is greater than the example you have given. if you are looking for a more in depth explanation I suggest you go read up on "revenue management" on Flyertalk.com
Suerte

£630 sounds expensive to me one way. Who are you flying with BA?
I just paid £1600 return for two from Manchester Air France, and they are not striking.

The same happens with flights between the US and Argentina. It's always cheaper to originate in the US than in Argentina.

It is has nothing to do with not wanting poor retarded Argentines in there country. it has to do with supply and demand and finding the right price point to create the most revenue, air europa is a private for profit business they could care less what color you are when setting there fares. And if your so called travel agent friend actually knew anything about airfares and how the prices are set he would understand that this has nothing to do with you been Argentine.
Suerte

blackburn said:
Anyone know why it costs £970 to fly to England and the same dates to fly
from England to here,return,are with the same carrier £630....kin rippoff..
me thinks.My friend says they dont want Argies going there so the price is
exorbitant...suerte

your friend is STUPID not any other people here :eek: The difference between IN and OUT fares are on the whole world in same way and mostly it is a problem that right now you will fly from WINTER to SUMMER and for that you will paid - nothing else.

Take a look at prices on December where you will pay more to get from UK to ARG .. our would your friend say "in summer the argies want to have more stupid UK people ?" :D:D

im looking at returning to the uk in december. i thought that flying of Xmas day would be cheaper, but its just as expensive. Maybe the prices will go down nearer the time, i dunno!?

kate123 said:
im looking at returning to the uk in december. i thought that flying of Xmas day would be cheaper, but its just as expensive. Maybe the prices will go down nearer the time, i dunno!?

If you can avoide that time do so, the prices double in the three weeks before Christmas and the three weeks after. You will not get a late discount or standby over that period.

kate123 said:

Prices almost never go down, the cheapest fares you can get will be the first come first served price. The BA - London route is almost always jammed, especially round xmas. Best thing you can do is book as early as possible, or book when there are sales.

Shef,
didn't understand your message??the summer winter thing is not that relevant
the school holidays are when the prices increase in UK and here also.
so your logic:going to uk in the summer is why it costs more...but leaving from uk in summer,high season?,costs less......no entiende.
fact the price for a return trip for the same dates is ove £300 more booking from Argentina....thanks all....

Back